Return to General Talk

MVP Baseball 2005

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby acsguitar » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:15 am

MVPMODS.com has a bunch of rosters...

As for a dynasty I've been playing only online....So far Its lots of fun...im 8-6...Should be 9-5 had the bases loaded with one out and Jeter and Arod up...Two K's! Got too excited and swung at balls
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BostonBK7 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:49 pm

How do you get rosters from websites onto the ps2?
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)

Postby LBJackal » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:00 pm

acsguitar wrote:Got too excited and swung at balls

That's what she said.

But actually guys, I'm wondering about updating rosters without XBox live. Do I need to buy Action Replay or whatevcer that thing is? I can't just hook my XBox up to my computer and do it that way? The problem about doing it with XBL is that it doesn't include minor leaguer edits and all the guys not in the MLBPA. Also I imagine there would be more frequent updates on 3rd party sites than on XBL.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby acsguitar » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:59 pm

LBJackal wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Got too excited and swung at balls

That's what she said.

But actually guys, I'm wondering about updating rosters without XBox live. Do I need to buy Action Replay or whatevcer that thing is? I can't just hook my XBox up to my computer and do it that way? The problem about doing it with XBL is that it doesn't include minor leaguer edits and all the guys not in the MLBPA. Also I imagine there would be more frequent updates on 3rd party sites than on XBL.

PC RULES!!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Quick Nick » Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:43 pm

Crap, my computers too ancient to run it :~(
I got it for sale in the classified section if you want to save a few bucks!
Go Tigers!!
Quick Nick
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun May 22, 2005 1:34 am

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it'd be better than starting another one. :-o

Anyway, I finally have some free time and am going to try to find a copy for PC and wanted to know:
1) How often the rosters are updated?
2) For the PC guys, what is the best gamepad to buy?
BTW I've never been a big PC gamer, but I got this nice expensive computer and want to see what it can do. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -436)

Postby slomo007 » Sun May 22, 2005 2:00 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it'd be better than starting another one. :-o

Anyway, I finally have some free time and am going to try to find a copy for PC and wanted to know:
BTW I've never been a big PC gamer, but I got this nice expensive computer and want to see what it can do. ;-D

Not sure how often the rosters are updated....once I started my dynasty I haven't updated the rosters since.

As for the gamepad....it really depends. I chose to go the practical route and buy a relatively inexpensive gamepad, the Logitech Rumblepad2. I chose it because it was only like 20-25 at Circuit City and is basically the exact same as a PS2 controller, which I am used to, plus, at least it was a brand name I had heard of.

I think there are high end controllers that have more cool features, but I've heard mixed reviews of them. There is even one that has a fan built in to the handles to keep your hands from getting sweaty, but I've heard it's really big and hard to reach all the buttons, so buy with caution.

The one I've got, I really like. So if you're on a budget, I'd highly recommend it. It has the same options as the PS2 controller....dual analog, vibration, etc.

Here's a link to the one I have...I got it on sale for like 23 or something like that...you may check Best Buy or even eBay.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun May 22, 2005 2:21 am

Thanks for the info. ;-D I've been playing MVP on PS2, so I was looking for something that would be somewhat similar and relatively cheap. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -436)

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 23, 2005 12:02 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought it'd be better than starting another one. :-o

You can constantly get update rosters via MVPmods or other sites like that....EA does it like 3 times a year or so.

I use a NYKO Airflo controller but you have to tweak settings to get it to work right because EA forgot to include this popular controller....I like it though once you get it set which I can walk you through easy.....
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk