Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone in Seattle hear about Richie Sexson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pedantic » Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:30 am

I read somewhere a while back that said there was a 10% chance of him reinjuring his shoulder.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -62)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wkelly91 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:02 am

He went:

65.9-Ave.

I'd take him if he lasts into the sixth round ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -21)

Postby Sticky Spice » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:33 am

CubsFan7724 wrote:Ha, I was hoping to get the first drunkard joke in but I was too late. I think hes a good mid ranked first baseman, grouped in along with the likes of Derek Lee and Hafner. He should give you a lot of RBIs since that lineup is so good.

Travis Hafner? At least with Sexson and Derrek Lee you have a proven track record. With Hafner you have one year. Lee and Sexson are easily two tiers above Hafner in perceived value.

I'm with quietstorm on this one - if the M's signed 'em, they'll suck. :-/
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -14)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:43 am

Sticky Spice wrote:
CubsFan7724 wrote:Ha, I was hoping to get the first drunkard joke in but I was too late. I think hes a good mid ranked first baseman, grouped in along with the likes of Derek Lee and Hafner. He should give you a lot of RBIs since that lineup is so good.

Travis Hafner? At least with Sexson and Derrek Lee you have a proven track record. With Hafner you have one year. Lee and Sexson are easily two tiers above Hafner in perceived value.

From what I've seen, Hafner goes near Sexson and Lee. Usually after them, but not that far after them. 1 or 2 rounds at the most.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Postby RugbyD » Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:40 am

as i've mentioned before in more detail, i know the injury, i knwo the surgery, and i have him as my #3 1B. I typically wouldn't let him slide past the 5th, but i'd take him in the early 4th if i knew someone else was angling for him.
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -2)

Postby Sticky Spice » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:23 pm

RugbyD wrote:as i've mentioned before in more detail, i know the injury, i knwo the surgery, and i have him as my #3 1B. I typically wouldn't let him slide past the 5th, but i'd take him in the early 4th if i knew someone else was angling for him.

I thought doctors were saying his injury was quite rare or odd, and they'd never seen one quite like it. I think I recall right because I owned him and that was part of my downfall :~(
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -14)

Postby J35J » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:20 pm

RugbyD wrote:as i've mentioned before in more detail, i know the injury, i knwo the surgery, and i have him as my #3 1B. I typically wouldn't let him slide past the 5th, but i'd take him in the early 4th if i knew someone else was angling for him.

hhmmm... A guy that comes off of a season ending injury, who has never had a 100 run season, never has hit above .279 (.273 career) and moved to a pitchers park and will face all new pitchers in a new league and you have him #3????????? more power to ya, I don't even have him in my top 10
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -43)

Postby Yoda » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:29 pm

Sticky Spice wrote:

This is why I am so competitive every year. To me, Hafner is a lock to be the next big 1B. All he needs to do is get a little better against lefties.

I would much prefer him over Lee and/or Sexson. Sexson is not a good gamble. Any time you pop your shoulder from a check swing is more risk that you should reasonably assume. Lee is a picture of consistency. I would not even think about taking Sexson near where I would take Lee/Hafner.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby J35J » Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:33 pm

Yoda wrote:
Sticky Spice wrote:

This is why I am so competitive every year. To me, Hafner is a lock to be the next big 1B. All he needs to do is get a little better against lefties.

I would much prefer him over Lee and/or Sexson. Sexson is not a good gamble. Any time you pop your shoulder from a check swing is more risk that you should reasonably assume. Lee is a picture of consistency. I would not even think about taking Sexson near where I would take Lee/Hafner.

I agree, I like Hafner this year and for the coming years. I'd much rather have Hafner than Sexson!
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -43)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers