Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Mock Draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yanks Ruined It » Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:35 pm

Madison wrote:
Yanks Ruined It wrote:I have chosen to to use 1 of my 4 teams for a mock,,, how is this wasting a resource,, have seen and been part of yahoo mocks posted on this site last year,

Because it's a spot where people who actually wanted to play a league could have drafted, rather than you wasting the spot for a mock.

Fake leagues (used for mock purposes only) were frowned on here last year as well, so this isn't a new thing. There are just so many other alternatives that it's really sad that people resort to wasting spots in Yahoo leagues for nothing more than a mock.

Heck, the chat room here is open 24/7 and can be used for a mock, rather than wasting a whole league in Yahoo. :-/ Ah well, it will stop happening when Yahoo starts charging due to this kind of junk and with the new licensing stuff going on, you know they are paying attention this year. :-°
I understand the view,watched this site last year for the 1st time and did not see any posts about frowning on fake leagues ,like i said iwas in 1 with some pretty hight profile members if I recall correctly, If this is offensive to you All out there please voice as there is time to release the league
If there is baseball in heaven!!!! Be very aware of the starting lineup
Yanks Ruined It
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokerplaya » Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:19 pm

Sadly, I think the problem is much bigger than a few mock drafts. I think the majority of people join a ton of leagues, and then lose interest very early on in the season. They just don't have the patience or real interest to play this marathon season. It's a lot harder than FFB, and people just don't have the time to keep up. With free leagues available, you always will run this risk, as the casual player can sign up, play for a while, and then decide not to continue. I know I have done this in years past, though I make it a practice not to. I keep my leagues to a few, and dedicate all of my time to them. However, as long as this is free, people as interested as Cafe members are the exception to rule and make up a fraction of the amount of people playing on Yahoo. I'm willing to bet that 95 leagues out of 100 have at least half of the teams inactive, and this is the real problem.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -231)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers