Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sabermetrics Software

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby jbird669 » Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:54 pm

We use TQstats.com for our league. You can use any kind of stats and category combo there is. I like it a lot better than Yahoo, it's not as limiting.
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Subversive » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:01 pm

shortsavage wrote:I'm not exactly sure what stat categories would work best for him. He is one of the "I want as little luck as possible involved in winning my league" owners. He doesn't want to count wins, saves, steals and maybe RBIs. And at first he wanted to do all of this by playing with values for a yahoo points league.

I told him that I think he would be better off using some kind of sabermetrics site. Is my advice innaccurate? Am I asking about a product that doesn't exist?

I play in a league which we do manual scoring, based on a mildly complicated formula. I explained the rules of it here, in a previous post http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... highlight=

Basically it only counts what a player actually does with his own bat and legs, and pitcher's ERA. No wins, saves, etc. It's not truly sabermetrics, but if you want more details on league rules etc, I'd be happy to pass them on to you.
Bah, humbug.
Subversive
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers