Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ken Griffey Jr.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LumberJack5 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:50 pm

He also didnt like that Seattle had just built a pitchers park in Safeco Field.

You were saying how your fantasy team sucked with him on it. Well I find it funny that the Ms got alot better when they dealt him and A-Rod.

But I would love to see Griffey on a big stage again. I highly doubt that the Reds will make the playoffs but if Griffey stayed healthy all year he would help. And too see him go yard in the playoffs would be awesome.
LumberJack5
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby slomo007 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:56 pm

All the Reds need to do is stay healthy and they have a good shot at the playoffs.

Dunn, Griffey, Kearns, Casey, Randa, Jimenez, Aurilia, LaRue provide a potent offensive punch. They have a decent bullpen, especially with the addition of Ramon Ortiz. Their rotation took a step up with Milton, even though he's not good he's better than the trash they were throwing out there last year. I think St. Louis has the division locked up barring some huge injuries, but Cincy actually has the talent to finish 2nd and compete for the WC as long as they can stay healthy.

All that being said, it would take a miracle for everyone to be healthy for the majority of the year, so I don't expect that.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:04 pm

LumberJack5 wrote:But I would love to see Griffey on a big stage again.

Somehow I think that the only big stage that Griff will be on is on an operating theater for med students.

Griff is almost undraftable until he manages to play at least half a season.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby slomo007 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:06 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
LumberJack5 wrote:But I would love to see Griffey on a big stage again.

Somehow I think that the only big stage that Griff will be on is on an operating theater for med students.

Griff is almost undraftable until he manages to play at least half a season.

I thought he was worth $8 to you? O:-)
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

KGJ

Postby cubsin'05 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:45 pm

yeah, yankees04, what about KGJ is there not to like??? i have never seen him do or say anything demeaning or disrespectful... on the other hand, i have seen and read disparaging things about him from various sources, but those "sources" aren't all that reputable, so until somebody can show me CONCRETE proof that KGJ is a whining crybaby, then i will retain my utmost respect and admiration... plus i hope he can return in '05 and play at least 135 games... come on KGJ, don't let BALCO barry bonds steal your thunder...

tim :-)
cubsin'05
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -6)

Postby quietstorm » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:50 pm

Junior was a bit of a pain when he left; however, as a Mariners fan, I can respect his decision -- he wanted to be closer to home, he wanted to be near his father. He was honest about what he wanted, unlike that PoS Alex "I want to win" Rodriguez.
Your wisemen don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick...
quietstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby DannyMyron89 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:03 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Interesting as when I was growing up I still thought Griffey was a whining, stuck up a**hole. And if anything my opinion of him has gotten worse. Great talent in his prime, but like Albert Belle, what was to like about the guy from a character point of view?

wow how can you compare him to Albert Belle, he didnt like New York because he had bad experiences with Billy Martin, Big deal! The fact is the sport needs griffey to have a great year with all the steroid scandles. Griffey was the man in the 90`s and he certainly has the potential to hit 45 homers if hes healthy but you guys think he can still win a gold glove? he already has ten, and i agree i would rather him break aarons record then bonds but it isnt happening.
how did colon win the cy young??

the world is comming to an end...woody paige has a Hall of Fame vote
DannyMyron89
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -13)

Postby JRRNeiklot » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:33 pm

I drafted Griffey last year with my last pick, and was more than pleased with his production until he got hurt. 20 homeruns and 60 RBI in half a season. Pick up a halfway decent guy off waivers or just shuffle in the hot hand and you should have a more than decent of spot. I'll draft him again this year if he falls to the late rounds.
JRRNeiklot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby GSes » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:42 pm

you know the drill by now with mr. Griffey JR

If he could somehow???? play even 150 games he will put up
30HR & 100 RBI

but Griffey has a plan that he has to stick to EVERY year.

play a game
take a week off
play a game
take a week off
play a game
take a month off
play a game
whopps out for the Season.......AGAIN

JR cant stay healthy, and every year someone says this is the year he will..............ya i been hearing that for 4 years or so. and every year he goes down.

nice sleeper pick as always, grab him mid to late rounds. for what ever period of time he can stay healthy he will probably produce, but thats if he even plays.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NY Yankees Fan 2004 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:05 pm

Last year I drafted him, I thought that last year would be his comeback year. This year, probably won't touch him. Maybe if he is there in the final rounds. He will most likely get injured again.

Also his Average sucks.
2005 Fantasy Baseball Champion
NY Yankees Fan 2004
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers