Return to Baseball Leftovers

CALLING ALL CAFE-ERS.......NEED HELP WITH RANKINGS PLEASE!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Amazinz » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:40 am

I wouldn't worry about the oddball rankings Soop. They'll get washed out by the majority. ;-D
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 18680
(Past Year: -120)
Joined: 16 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: in Canada, toughening up figure skaters

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:41 am

wrveres wrote:soop, don't stress on the rankings .... some are pretty bad. Now I know why he deleted the names. :-°


LOL. Actually, adding the names would have been even more work for me. :-o
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Cooner » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:41 am

i really feel bad for Tavish and Sockeye... 20*25 isn't so bad to read over for typos, 20*60 or whatever outfielders and 20*80 or whatever starters can't be fun....
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1024
(Past Year: -4)
Joined: 2 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: my home is in NYC, my heart is in PNC Park

Postby Tavish » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:45 am

I don't think the convention matters too much, as long as there is one. FirstName, LastName
LastName, FirstName
LastName FirstInitial
etc.

As long as everyone uses the same thing there isn't too much a problem.
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 10553
(Past Year: -511)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:46 am

Motherbleepin bleep bleep bleep! :-[ :-°
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8578
(Past Year: -75)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:50 am

Tavish wrote:I don't think the convention matters too much, as long as there is one. FirstName, LastName
LastName, FirstName
LastName FirstInitial
etc.

As long as everyone uses the same thing there isn't too much a problem.


Hope that we don't scare you away. I thought that we had a nice system but I guess not. :-o
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby sockeye » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:52 am

Well, I must say, I am eating my words. So much for straightforward. I changed computers today and all the high-power stats software won't be reloaded for a couple days.

So anyway, I have to do this in XL from the start. I might not get it until tomorrow night.

Also, I think you could help yourself out next year by mailing everyone a template - lots of different format conventions would work, key would be for everyone to use the same.

Side note: The Jones Brothers from Atlanta sure add a layer of complexity to global changes.
sockeye
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 473
(Past Year: -19)
Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:52 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Tavish wrote:I don't think the convention matters too much, as long as there is one. FirstName, LastName
LastName, FirstName
LastName FirstInitial
etc.

As long as everyone uses the same thing there isn't too much a problem.


Hope that we don't scare you away. I thought that we had a nice system but I guess not. :-o


Its not that big a deal, just could be a ton easier. ;-D
Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
Posts: 10553
(Past Year: -511)
Joined: 3 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:56 am

Tavish wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:
Tavish wrote:I don't think the convention matters too much, as long as there is one. FirstName, LastName
LastName, FirstName
LastName FirstInitial
etc.

As long as everyone uses the same thing there isn't too much a problem.


Hope that we don't scare you away. I thought that we had a nice system but I guess not. :-o


Its not that big a deal, just could be a ton easier. ;-D


In a way, I'm kinda impressed that this crew stumped the spreadsheet master. :-D
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Feb 09, 2005 1:58 am

Amazinz and Tavish.......Would it be a lot easier if everyone did them as Pujols, Albert rather than Albert Pujols??
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests