I'd be interested in joining this league, having only played 1 season of Fanatsy Baseball. However, may I make some suggestions?
1) I think the league would work better with 10-12 managers; if there are only 8, the draft would be less important, as there would be plenty of quality players still available. Part of learning in Fantasy BB is learning how to draft, and if it's easy to rectify your mistakes because of the quality of FAs, then I think you miss out on an important part of the learning process.
2) Similarly, I don't see any reason not to have the standard 5x5 categories, or for it to be players in all of baseball. Anyone who has sincere interest in learning more about the game will benefit from playing in a league similar to most leagues around.
3) Yahoo might be the best, as it's free, and probably more attractive to novices (it's not costing anything to learn!)
4) Makes sense, as long as everyone is committed to the league, so we don't run out of time in the draft!
6) Again, probably non-keeper is best for novices, to concentrate on this season, rather than thinking about who might be a good long-term prospect.
Just my thoughts...feel free to comment and/or ignore them!!