Return to Baseball Leftovers

Giambi used steroids...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:09 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Or maybe because he is not a dumba** and makes sure he never gets close enough to Balco to get caught. He lets his trainer and others have the direct contact and everything becomes second hand acqusations. He also uses designer/newer roids and stays one step ahead f any testing regimen.

Defending Bonds reminds me of those who still defend Rose...no video tape there of him placing any bets...those betting slips were someone elses...they were forged...it is all a conspiracy.

Could Bonds be clean?...sure. What are the odds of the TB Devil Rays winning the WS next season? It is in legal terms "reasonable doubt" not NO doubt.

with all of your "what ifs" ..
does that mean I am not getting my link showing that steriods make your head grow?

BTW, Rose is quilty. How do we know? Because he admitted it. ;-)
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:22 pm

Rose admitted it after how many years and how many denials? Please. I am sure Bonds will have an epiphany too before he dies.
Clinton said he did not fool around with Ms. Lewinsky too...gee what a shock he was lieing. I never would have guessed that from the the man that did not inhale. He was never convicted either and lord knows many tried. Just because there is not sufficient evidence to convict someone in a court of law and in a system designed to give the maximum protection to the accused does not mean that they did not commit the act in reality.

Believe the trial lawyer BS if you wish, the overwhelming majority of people think he is guilty of roid use and any reasonable and rational person would too. Can anyone prove it...of course not. You want to hold out hope for him be my guest. It is not a court of law. It is a court of public opinion Bonds an dthe others will ultimately be judged in. Bonds, Sosa, Giambi? Is there really any doubt in anyone's mind?
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: -58)

Postby LBJackal » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:35 pm

wrveres wrote:with all of your "what ifs" ..
does that mean I am not getting my link showing that steriods make your head grow?

Oh God, here we go again....... :-o

The old "asking for links to head growth" tactic.

For the record I believe Barry has used performance enhancing drugs. I don't have proof... but I don't need proof for an opinion.

BTW my hat size has gone from 7 1/8 to 7 3/8 over the past couple years. I know that doesn't mean anything because I don't use steroids, and I don't have a link for it, but thought I'd put it out there :-D

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby FatGuyWithAMullet » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:40 pm

wrveres wrote:with all of your "what ifs" ..

BTW, Rose is quilty. How do we know? Because he admitted it. ;-)

Steroids won't make your head grow, but HGH can and will.
FatGuyWithAMullet
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby wrveres » Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:49 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Bonds? Is there really any doubt in anyone's mind?

apparently there is ... ;-D
and the number of people who think he is innocent grows everyday, all it takes are "facts" for people toopen their eyes, and I am more than happy to provide them.

Jackal wrote:The old "asking for links to head growth" tactic.

hmm ... maybe its because no one has ever provided one ..
But they still use this lame example as an arguement that Barry used steriods.

Yanks04 wrote:I see a very big head...literally and figuratively.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby LBJackal » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:15 pm

Well FatGuy gave you a reason that HGH can make your head grow..... and even so you're focusing on a moot point IMO. There are tons of reasons why people think he took performance enhancing drugs. You're focusing on a small part that hardly anybody cares about. I for one don't take head size into account.... I'm sure most people don't. Mostly it's his entire body size, and his peak during his late 30's, his trainer has been convicted of giving steroids that go undetectable to his clients, other clients have confessed to using them, which includes pretty much everybody that was figured to have been using steroids, but Barry hasn't. Yeah, that's circumstancial evidence. And Most of us are using it to form our opinions. I could care less about his head size but I just think it's funny that you kee bringing it up.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:37 pm

LBJackal wrote:Mostly it's his entire body size, and his peak during his late 30's, his trainer has been convicted of giving steroids that go undetectable to his clients, other clients have confessed to using them, which includes pretty much everybody that was figured to have been using steroids, but Barry hasn't. Yeah, that's circumstancial evidence. And Most of us are using it to form our opinions.

That's what gets me too. I know I'm just speculating and nothing concrete has come out -- or may ever come out -- but that's a lot of circumstancial evidence IMO. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -436)

Postby Transmogrifier » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:47 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
LBJackal wrote:Mostly it's his entire body size, and his peak during his late 30's, his trainer has been convicted of giving steroids that go undetectable to his clients, other clients have confessed to using them, which includes pretty much everybody that was figured to have been using steroids, but Barry hasn't. Yeah, that's circumstancial evidence. And Most of us are using it to form our opinions.

That's what gets me too. I know I'm just speculating and nothing concrete has come out -- or may ever come out -- but that's a lot of circumstancial evidence IMO. :-?

Right. The circumstantial evidence is growing and growing. Interesting that Giambi asked for the help that the trainer was giving Bonds and he gets... steroids.

I believe Bonds is on 'roids--or at least was--and I don't have absolute proof. I'm ok with that.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -93)

Postby DK » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:09 pm

LBJackal wrote:Well FatGuy gave you a reason that HGH can make your head grow..... and even so you're focusing on a moot point IMO. There are tons of reasons why people think he took performance enhancing drugs. You're focusing on a small part that hardly anybody cares about. I for one don't take head size into account.... I'm sure most people don't. Mostly it's his entire body size, and his peak during his late 30's, his trainer has been convicted of giving steroids that go undetectable to his clients, other clients have confessed to using them, which includes pretty much everybody that was figured to have been using steroids, but Barry hasn't. Yeah, that's circumstancial evidence. And Most of us are using it to form our opinions. I could care less about his head size but I just think it's funny that you kee bringing it up.

Then how do you explain the press mentioning before his historic 2001 season that he had slimmed down? :-?
DK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -456)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:19 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:The idea that the Yankees didn't suspect he was on steroids at the time the contract was signed is extremely farfetched.

Suspecting and paying tens of millions for an admitted user with diminished skills is different.:-?

LBJackal wrote:He could be..... but amidst the BALCO fiasco, and the trouble Sheff and Giambi seem to be in, I can't imagine he'd have access to the drugs anymore without being caught - especially with the situation BALCO is in, how would he get them anyway?

And I'd call going from a HR every 6.5 AB's to a HR every 8.7 AB's the next 2 years a dropoff. He's still awesome, but a lot of his success is bat speed and the reputation he has. Being off of steroids wouldn't affect either of those factors significantly.

I haven't heard of Sheff being in any trouble since he admitted to using the cream. I thought that the league said that they wouldn't punish him.

I am with Trans and Jackal. I think that he did them. I don't have proof but I also don't need any. That is my opinion. This isn't a court of law. It's a message board. People keep bringing up innocent until proven guilty but that doesn't necessarily hold true on a message board. I don't understand why people get so defensive about this.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers