wrveres wrote:This team is awful...
No way this group wins 80 Games...
Vidro is clearly there best player, but outside of him, I cannot see the Nationals competing in the East.
1. Wilkerson (LF) - Career .259 BA - 2/1 K's to BB's
2. E. Chavez (CF) - Career .264 BA - .303 OBP - 2/1 K's to BB
3. Vidro (2nd) -
4. Guillen (RF) - Career .274 BA - 4/1 K's to BB's
5. Castilla (3rd) - Career .255 BA away from Coors field
6. Johnson (1st) - Career .255 BA
7. Guzman (SS) - Career .266 BA - .303 OBP - 3/1 K's BB
8. Schneider (C) - Career .252 BA -
9. Pitcher (P)
And why should I give a damn what their BAs are?
Wilkerson's OPS is .872
As I pointed out, Castilla and Guzman could suck, and STILL be yards better than what the Expos got from SS and 3B last year.
Removing their two biggest drains, and playing some of their good younger players gets them from a horrendous offense to merely a below average offense.
And their pitching, which is quite young, was not that far below league average, either. Reasonable improvement here should be expected.
I don't know if they'll get 80. 77/78 is more likely in my opinion, but 80's not impossible.