Return to Baseball Leftovers

ISN'T THE SERIES 4 GAMES??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Dice » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:10 am

ISN'T THE SERIES 4 GAMES??


* Checks the results of the 2004 ALCS *

Yes! You are correct! ;-D :-D
Dice
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 625
(Past Year: -3)
Joined: 12 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ISN'T THE SERIES 4 GAMES??

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:06 am

Lofunzo wrote:I just find it a bit rash for the Sox to release the dates for their title parade already. Now, they very well may win but what's the rush?? We all remember how that worked out last year when they were painting the World Series logo on the field at Fenway before the series was over with the Yankees. :-°


Oh, come on, Lo, you know the city has to plan this, they just don't talk about it. The Sox aren't talking about it, but the city is. With the elections, and a number of other events, the city has to plan ahead. It's quite expensive, and with the recent near-riot, they have to make sure they get it right.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7088
(Past Year: -93)
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Re: ISN'T THE SERIES 4 GAMES??

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:54 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I just find it a bit rash for the Sox to release the dates for their title parade already. Now, they very well may win but what's the rush?? We all remember how that worked out last year when they were painting the World Series logo on the field at Fenway before the series was over with the Yankees. :-°


Oh, come on, Lo, you know the city has to plan this, they just don't talk about it. The Sox aren't talking about it, but the city is. With the elections, and a number of other events, the city has to plan ahead. It's quite expensive, and with the recent near-riot, they have to make sure they get it right.


I was just saying that in all of the parades in NYC, this stuff was never leaked until after they won. I remember wondering to myself when it was (after they won) and waiting for the annoucement on the radio. I don't see how it is normal to release it when you are only up 2-0. It serves no purpose. If they say that if they win it in 4, the parade will be on Friday, how does that help anyone if the Cards win tonight?? They still need to reschedule their plans. ;-)

I am not talking about the City preparing for this. I am talking about the fact that it was released. :-?
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Re: ISN'T THE SERIES 4 GAMES??

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:28 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I am not talking about the City preparing for this. I am talking about the fact that it was released. :-?


I asked before - where did you get this info? I looked for it and all I could find was that it was "leaked" that preparations have taken place. When you say that the news was "released" you're making it sound like they did it on purpose.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19019
(Past Year: -416)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: ISN'T THE SERIES 4 GAMES??

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:45 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I am not talking about the City preparing for this. I am talking about the fact that it was released. :-?


I asked before - where did you get this info? I looked for it and all I could find was that it was "leaked" that preparations have taken place. When you say that the news was "released" you're making it sound like they did it on purpose.


Actually, you didn't ask. ;-) Seriously, I heard it yesterday on a few radio stations in the NY area yesterday. :-)
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:17 pm

As I believe Mookie pointed out, the city leaked it. The team won't talk about it. Blame over anxious leakers if you like.

The fact is that this doesn't happen a lot, and many people in Boston are very excited. I wish I could be there.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7088
(Past Year: -93)
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests