Return to Baseball Leftovers

No Brew for you!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:32 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:
Baseballer02 wrote:I guarantee you that you will never see a ballpark ban beer from being distributed in their facilities. It's these little things called contracts, that will keep it from happening.

yea i would think that big budweiser sign in the outfield would change their minds for sure..........

You don't think that they could easily replace that with a Coke sign?? :-?

sure they could, but i imagine the profits would fall quite far as well.......
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby boogshine » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:37 pm

now if they could just ban beer for the cops...who got all liquored up and thought they were bullseyeing wamp rats in their T-16's --- that's no way to treat a lady!!!

RIP girl who shouldn't have been killed by government agents.
The Boo Guy.
boogshine
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Madison » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:51 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I'm just saying that they could easily replace a decent amount of the concession revenue with other products.

Doubtful in my opinion.

If I go to a game and drink soda, I usually only get two. If I'm drinking beer, it's umm......more than 2 O:-) .

Not to mention that beer is double the price of soda.

There's no way a ballpark eliminates beer from the facility. Way too much money there.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby so0perspam » Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:52 pm

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I'm just saying that they could easily replace a decent amount of the concession revenue with other products.

Doubtful in my opinion.

If I go to a game and drink soda, I usually only get two. If I'm drinking beer, it's umm......more than 2 O:-) .

There's no way a ballpark eliminates beer from the facility. Way too much money there.

Agreed, no way it's gonna happen.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -75)

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:43 am

Madison wrote:

Doubtful in my opinion.

I said that I agree that it wouldn't completely replace the revenue. I just said that if they eliminated beer sales, soda sales would increase. That is guaranteed. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby Madison » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:21 am

Lofunzo wrote:I said that I agree that it wouldn't completely replace the revenue. I just said that if they eliminated beer sales, soda sales would increase. That is guaranteed. ;-)

Sure, soda and water sales would go up ;-D . No question about that. I only said something because you said:

Depends on what you consider a "decent amount". I haven't done the numbers, but they would probably only replace 30%(?) of their beer sales with increased soda and water sales (talking $$, not total drink sales). They would lose a fortune. I just don't see it happening. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:37 am

Madison wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I said that I agree that it wouldn't completely replace the revenue. I just said that if they eliminated beer sales, soda sales would increase. That is guaranteed. ;-)

Sure, soda and water sales would go up ;-D . No question about that. I only said something because you said:

Depends on what you consider a "decent amount". I haven't done the numbers, but they would probably only replace 30%(?) of their beer sales with increased soda and water sales (talking $$, not total drink sales). They would lose a fortune. I just don't see it happening. B-)

I apologize for my amiguity but by a decent amount, I meant at least 30-50%. B-) I'm not saying that it is a request of theirs. I'm just saying that they wouldn't go bankrupt if it happened. ;-)
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby perlick29 » Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:41 pm

Funny enough but didn't I make this suggestion the other day that they ban it for the playoffs? I think it's a good idea but I dont drink when I go to games so that may be why.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -75)

Postby Madison » Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:16 pm

perlick29 wrote:Funny enough but didn't I make this suggestion the other day that they ban it for the playoffs?

Selig must be registered under and alias here and stole your idea. Yet another conspiracy! }:-)

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby wkelly91 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:52 pm

No beer for you!
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -18)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers