Return to Baseball Leftovers

ANYONE LIKES CARL EVEReTT???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Jury » Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:45 am

Yeah I like Carl Everett, he's playing for the money.
The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby msaint » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:30 am

Diehard, lifelong Sox fan. Not a huge Everett fan by any means. But I picked him up and will ride him 'til he drops, or trade him while he's got value to some sucker in a package for some undervalued stud (Mags, Berkman, etc).

Bottom line, I don't like the guy, if he was on fire I probably wouldn't pee on him, but fantasy is all business, and I try not to let my personal feelings get in the way. Hell, I have Evil Empire member Soriano on my team and despite those pinstripes, I'm absolutely loving the guy. ;-)
msaint
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby cwhitty » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:28 am

You people with your fake moral stands are hilarious. Its not like your allowing your daughter to marry the guy. I don't see the people with Alomar on their team yapping about him spitting on an umpire. Get a life people and woory about what's wrong with your life, not some rich baseball player.
cwhitty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:08 pm

C. Everett is a perfectly normal guy. The media always looks for and exposes people who they believe are bad(such as J. Rocker). Yes he has anger problems, but who doesn't? Give him a break and let him play the game he loves. I personally have never met the guy, and thus I'm not gonna pass judgement on him by what I have seen on TV.

P.S.- I did pick him up, and I do believe that he can keep it up. He's always been an unbelievable offensive player, and now he's in a very good lineup. I wouldn't be surpised if he tops 30-35 hrs this year.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Brendo » Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:38 pm

carl is the poster boy for one of the best draft strategies around.....draft contract year players

i picked up him, mondesi, robbie alomar, pudge rodriguez....all question marks, and all big enough a-holes to save their best for a big pay-out......I'm trying to deal everett while he's RED-hot, but if I have to, I'll keep him all year.......just not next year
YAHOO! RULES!!!!!
Brendo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers