Return to Baseball Leftovers

Holliday done for the season?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Holliday done for the season?

Postby wrveres » Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:32 pm

Rotoworld is reporting that Holliday is done for the season with a strain. Has anybody else heard anything else about this?

thanks in advance
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby quickfingerz » Wed Sep 15, 2004 4:46 am

no doubt, i'd be very surprised if anyone who strained any knee or elbow ligament play for the rest of the season on a non-playoff team.
The key to Fantasy Sports is NOT about Sports but rather the "manipulation of numbers" in your favor

MASTER THOSE NUMBERS
quickfingerz
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Elohim » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:16 am

hah, those posts got deleted before I got a chance to reply. I was gonna say that I was just messin around, but thanks for taking it down. Not that seeing your sig didn't irritate the hel! out of me, it did. I would much rather see something in your sig that explains more about yourself than just: (BUSH- Republican). Show a pic of your favorite book, write a haiku about why you like Jr. Slugger so much, post an interesting link, I dunno something creative. Here, I'll start.

By the way, I clicked on the thread in the first place cuz I'm a Holliday owner in an NL-only league. 5x5 roto tied for first and need someone to replace him. Anyone want to predict who the Rockies are gonna throw out there, or are they just gonna rotate everyone?

I mean , Luis Gonzalez has had nice games recently, but I think the only reason he's been starting is cuz they face 4 lefties in a row this week. Who's the best pick next week: 6 home games. Gonzo, Piedra, maybe Hawpe, gasp...Freeman?

[edit...Elohim...if you wish to continue this...we will in PM..leave it off the board... }:-) ...DHC]
Elohim
College Coach
College Coach

Postby shortsavage » Wed Sep 15, 2004 6:03 am

Swearing is not tolerated in the Cafe. Be careful Elohim, for this is supposed to be a family environment.

As a Halladay keeper league owner, I am anxious to see any updates on his status for the remained of the season.
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby TonyCee » Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:08 pm

shortsavage wrote:Swearing is not tolerated in the Cafe. Be careful Elohim, for this is supposed to be a family environment.

As a Halladay keeper league owner, I am anxious to see any updates on his status for the remained of the season.

They are talking about Holliday not Halladay, lol.
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby shortsavage » Wed Sep 15, 2004 2:48 pm

TonyCee wrote:
shortsavage wrote:Swearing is not tolerated in the Cafe. Be careful Elohim, for this is supposed to be a family environment.

Haha :-b . This is why I usually avoid posting in the wee hours of the night. I completely missed the fact that wveres was asking about the Colorado outfielder rather than the Toronto pitcher. If you once thought of me as a somewhat wise Cafe member, you may want to move me down a few spaces on your cheat sheet ;-) .
Mike Pelfrey > Matt Garza
shortsavage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby TonyCee » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:15 pm

shortsavage wrote:
TonyCee wrote:

Haha :-b . This is why I usually avoid posting in the wee hours of the night. I completely missed the fact that wveres was asking about the Colorado outfielder rather than the Toronto pitcher. If you once thought of me as a somewhat wise Cafe member, you may want to move me down a few spaces on your cheat sheet ;-) .

It's all good pimp, it ain't no thing to me, I was just bored so I posted, lol. I still trust ya :)
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers