Return to Baseball Leftovers

anyone worried about Jose Guillen?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

anyone worried about Jose Guillen?

Postby athakkar » Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:20 am

Heard reports about his pinched nerve and how he's playing through it and working with Colon's personal trainer (lol)....

However, im concerned with his production for the rest of the year as I need some big bats...

In the last last week, he's hit a good average of .409 but only 1 run and 1 rbi.

Should I send this guy to the waiver? I'm real worried that he won't be effective and productive for the rest of the year with his injury
athakkar Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: anyone worried about Jose Guillen?

Postby Madison » Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:29 am

athakkar wrote:Colon's personal trainer

I don't believe it. I think someone is pulling your leg. Colon has a personal trainer? Nah.........

:-b

As to Guillen, I haven't heard any major things, but the average is good, so I'd hang on to him. Runs and Rbi opps might just not have been there for him last week.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby LBJackal » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:39 am

I'd definately hang onto him. He's going to be a top OF next year. Well, he was this year too but he wasn't drafted like one.

And about Colon's trainer - he obviously isn't good at "training" so to speak, but he must be good at something :-? maybe his specialty is pinched nerves or something. If he can't fix that problem, he should be fired. Then they could afford the personal chef Bartolo has been asking for.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -179)

Postby athakkar » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:51 am

Guillen definately has alot of potential...but I'm not in a keeper league so am only concerned with his production for the rest of the year.

1 run and 1 rbi in 23 AB's does worry me a little..
athakkar Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby tmoney » Mon Sep 13, 2004 2:42 pm

Guillen is a gamer and injuries have never hurt his production in the past (in fact he usually plays better in these situations). And based on his .409 average and .500 SLG last week, this really is not a case of him not hitting, it is a case of him not having the opportunities. He should have one more big surge before the year is up, I would definately not drop him.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby rlee » Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:56 pm

I have Guillen in my starting lineup and have no intention at this point of taking him out ;-) First of all, he is still producing. But secondly, who are you going to replace him with :-? Not much available on wiavers these days :-/ I had him on the bench last week for about three days when the initial reports were not good. Put Wells in and he stunk, just like he has all year :-t

KEEP GUILLEN. I think you'll be happy B-)
rlee
rlee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: -3)

Postby mikcou » Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:34 pm

tmoney wrote:Guillen is a gamer and injuries have never hurt his production in the past (in fact he usually plays better in these situations). And based on his .409 average and .500 SLG last week, this really is not a case of him not hitting, it is a case of him not having the opportunities. He should have one more big surge before the year is up, I would definately not drop him.

agreed ;-D
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -63)

Postby thehat » Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:19 am

Madison wrote:

I don't believe it. I think someone is pulling your leg. Colon has a personal trainer? Nah.........

I think it's actually a personal chef.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby LBJackal » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:09 am

thehat wrote:
Madison wrote:

I think it's actually a personal chef.

Now you're stealing my jokes? It was only yesterday, did you think I wouldn't notice? :-b

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -179)

Postby josebach » Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:59 pm

I dropped him last weekend in my 8 team non-keeper league. Currently, I have no offensive bench players so if he misses a game, I have nobody to replace him with.

Not only that, but this is do or die time. You can't afford to have a guy on your team who is not only injured, but is also slumping. (12 runs, 3 HRs, 10 RBIs in the last month) You can afford to wait it out during the regular season, but not in the playoffs. He hasn't hit a homerun in 15 games and is complaining about being very weak. For whatever reason, Phil Nevin was a free agent and I grabbed him this past weekend. (2 home runs last night ;-D ).

I also dropped Blalock, moved A-Rod to 3rd and picked up Rollins.
Desperate times call for desperate measures. :-o

Guillen has been great for my team all year long. He's a gutsy, hard working player and I wish him the best of luck. Loyalty, however, doesn't win championships.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers