Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sleeper catcher the rest of the way.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:14 am

WhiteHot wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
WhiteHot wrote:I just got some new clubs and I've been itching to hit the course.

What kind?

Well, I got a new driver. SMT Spectrum with Accuflex VS339. And a new bag, the Ogio Exo. And a new wedge, a TaylorMade RAC 60 degree lob wedge.

I spent my paycheck :-/

I won't lie, I've never heard of SMT Spectrum, though I have heard of the Accuflex shaft. Ogio makes great bags, and Taylor Made wedges, though I haven't used that exact one, are typically good.

I'm more of a Titleist man myself, 981 Irons with Sensicore shafts, Vokey Wedges (52, 60), but Callaway woods (Warbird Driver, Steelhead 3) and a Ping Anser 4 putter.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WhiteHot » Fri Sep 10, 2004 10:53 am

slomo007 wrote:
WhiteHot wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
WhiteHot wrote:I just got some new clubs and I've been itching to hit the course.

What kind?

Well, I got a new driver. SMT Spectrum with Accuflex VS339. And a new bag, the Ogio Exo. And a new wedge, a TaylorMade RAC 60 degree lob wedge.

I won't lie, I've never heard of SMT Spectrum, though I have heard of the Accuflex shaft. Ogio makes great bags, and Taylor Made wedges, though I haven't used that exact one, are typically good.

I'm more of a Titleist man myself, 981 Irons with Sensicore shafts, Vokey Wedges (52, 60), but Callaway woods (Warbird Driver, Steelhead 3) and a Ping Anser 4 putter.

Cool. I have a Vokey wedge myself (54).

SMT is a component company. They only make the heads. Much cheaper than buying OEM drivers. http://www.smtgolf.com
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby slomo007 » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:01 am

WhiteHot wrote:
slomo007 wrote:
WhiteHot wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

What kind?

Cool. I have a Vokey wedge myself (54).

SMT is a component company. They only make the heads. Much cheaper than buying OEM drivers. http://www.smtgolf.com

Interesting, once I graduate and start making some money, a driver will be my first golf purchase.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
(Past Year: -70)

Postby shpuck » Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:30 am

So back to Snyder.

Anyone think he'd be a guy to pick in place ofLiberthal?
shpuck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby RC » Wed Sep 15, 2004 9:33 am

That Ogio Exo bag is awesome.

I was on the fence about it until I played my first round with it. A pleasure to carry.

BTW, check out Golfsmith if you're looking for new stuff, their components are excellent. My bag's full of them.

Snyder: Considering Posada is on a cold streak, he may be a good replacement until he comes back around to last month's numbers.

RC
Like my Avatar?
RC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Thrill » Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:04 am

I'd be surprised Snyder could outplay Posada the rest of the way. AZ has nothing to play for and NY has everything to play for. I realize Aug stats are intriguing, but Posada should outplay him the rest of the way. :-?
The Thrill
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -21)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby strats36 » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:04 pm

Two words:

Coors Field.

At the very least you should spot start Snyder at Coors Field next week.
strats36
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers