Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sleeper Closers for 2005

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ATECH » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:22 pm

That is honorable of Smoltz. As witnessed by several teams this year you just can't throw anyone out there in a closer situation. In this "me" society in which we live, I am glad that he would rather serve the role he is needed in ATL rather than play for another team. ;-D
If You Always Do What You've Always Done,
Then You'll Always Have What You've Already Got.
ATECH
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby so0perspam » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:57 pm

ATECH wrote:That is honorable of Smoltz. As witnessed by several teams this year you just can't throw anyone out there in a closer situation. In this "me" society in which we live, I am glad that he would rather serve the role he is needed in ATL rather than play for another team. ;-D

well said and i totally agree ;-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -75)

Postby jsmith378 » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:54 pm

Tavish wrote:I'm going to say this with a pained expression. Mike MacDougal will likely be called back up to the Royals in the next week or so.

whered u hear that Tavish? I know Mac's been doin pretty good in AA. Did you hear about Chris George throwing 94 mph all of a sudden?
jsmith378
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -7)

Re: Smoltz

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:40 pm

Iguana wrote:Smoltz has says he wants to start, but that his #1 priority is staying with the Braves. If he can re-sign with the Braves, he has said retiring as a Brave, even as the closer, is more important to him than starting again.

i gain even more respect for smoltz for wanting to stay a brave no matter what position he plays....in this day and age of moving for a few dollars this act is unusual and very much appreciated by just not braves fans but basically all baseball fans....
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers