Return to Baseball Leftovers

Why is Frasor pitching in the 8th inning?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby bleach168 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:12 pm

It's Speier!!! Pick him up now!!!
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5033
(Past Year: -11)
Joined: 22 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbones733 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:22 pm

hmm this is very interesting, now its Spier back 2 back nights, nwo i dont know if i want him, i might just go Aquino

or maybe stick w Frasor as my holds man :-D
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 4026
(Past Year: -6)
Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: @ home in my galaxie

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:51 pm

jbones733 wrote:hmm this is very interesting, now its Spier back 2 back nights, nwo i dont know if i want him, i might just go Aquino

or maybe stick w Frasor as my holds man :-D


yeah. lopez was the man last year, but it looks like speier will get the opps for now on, which really scares me, but i guess i have no choice. if u have to drop frasor for another jay picther, i think u should pick up speier and pray.
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14259
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby jbones733 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:54 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
jbones733 wrote:hmm this is very interesting, now its Spier back 2 back nights, nwo i dont know if i want him, i might just go Aquino

or maybe stick w Frasor as my holds man :-D


yeah. lopez was the man last year, but it looks like speier will get the opps for now on, which really scares me, but i guess i have no choice. if u have to drop frasor for another jay picther, i think u should pick up speier and pray.



uead dude, i actually had Aquino last year, lol & Politte for a while

anwya i dont want to drop Frasor & then boom hes the closer all of a sudden in a week when my playoffs count , damn the JAYS
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 4026
(Past Year: -6)
Joined: 13 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: @ home in my galaxie

Postby Jester » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:58 pm

Speier looks great the last two nights, working quickly, throwing strikes...looks like frasor is the holds man, and if Speier can pitch with confidence, he'll get the opportunities from here on out.
Image
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Jester
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 504
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In SKYDOME, thats right, SKYDOME

Postby kimchi_chigae » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:01 pm

jbones733 wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:
jbones733 wrote:hmm this is very interesting, now its Spier back 2 back nights, nwo i dont know if i want him, i might just go Aquino

or maybe stick w Frasor as my holds man :-D


yeah. lopez was the man last year, but it looks like speier will get the opps for now on, which really scares me, but i guess i have no choice. if u have to drop frasor for another jay picther, i think u should pick up speier and pray.



uead dude, i actually had Aquino last year, lol & Politte for a while

anwya i dont want to drop Frasor & then boom hes the closer all of a sudden in a week when my playoffs count , damn the JAYS


yeah, i know what u mean.

i also had politte last year for a while, he had picthed well the year before when the closer was escobar :-/

it's interesting cuz chulk was throwing well and now both frasor and chulk don't seem to get through a inning without giving up run(s).

i do, however, expect frasor to be the closer next year...
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 14259
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Osaka Jail

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:08 pm

jbones733 wrote:
slomo007 wrote:He's not the exclusive closer anymore...it's now a closer by committee.


hmm is that official Slomo, cause if so i gotta drop him for Aquino A.S.A.P


You should have done that weeks ago. ;-)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go and drop Frasor for Speier. :-°
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby GrimZeke007 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:29 pm

Justin Speier - R - Blue Jays

Justin Speier recorded a save for the second night in a row by pitching a scoreless ninth against the Mariners.
He got three straight outs after giving up a leadoff single, fanning Raul Ibanez and Bucky Jacobsen to end the game. Speier is throwing very well right now, so if interim manager John Gibbons wants to keep using him as a closer, he'll probably get the job done. However, Jason Frasor remains very much in the mix. Sep. 2 - 10:40 pm et

Jason Frasor - R - Blue Jays

Jason Frasor entered in the eighth for the second game in a row tonight and worked a scoreless inning.
It looked like Frasor would get a chance to go for a two-inning save last night before he gave up a leadoff double to start the ninth. Tonight, there was probably no thought given to letting him work the second inning, if for no other reason than that he did pitch Wednesday. We expect that Frasor will get more save chances, even if interim manager John Gibbons opts to use Justin Speier to close for another week or two. Frasor doesn't deserve to lose his job because he struggled against the Yankees. Sep. 2 - 10:35 pm et
<a href="http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2242053#2242053">Help rate my team!</a>
GrimZeke007
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 809
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 21 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: New Jersey

Postby Jester » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:34 pm

So I gues keeping them both WAS a good idea, a little friendly compitition never hurt anyone.
Image
Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Jester
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 504
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 30 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: In SKYDOME, thats right, SKYDOME

Postby strats36 » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:34 pm

On the bright side Frasor got me two holds.
strats36
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 209
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron