Cliff notes version:
1. Edmonds is a hall of famer when you compare his stats to all the other great CF.
2. Edmonds is among the best defensive CF in today's game.
3. He's streaky, but seems to be hot when it counts like in postseason.
4. He is not that injury prone. He is one of the few OF who has played in 135+ games a year for the past 4 years.
5. His exploits are overshadowed because he plays with Pujols, Rolen, etc.
6. Some hokey background story about the Angels not liking his attitude and how he was a great fit for the Cards.
"Edmonds could be an upper-echelon corner outfielder or first baseman based on his hitting alone. Throw in a solid – even spectacular – glove and arm at a key defensive position and you have the makings of one of the premier players in the game."
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere