Return to Baseball Leftovers

A-Ram sits again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A-Ram sits again

Postby RFay8585 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:47 pm

Aramis Ramirez, who had "hoped" to play today after sitting out yesterday with a sore groin, is not in the lineup. Hard to tell his groin is really bothering him - he has a 1.049 OPS since the break - but lets hope he avoids the DL.
RFay8585
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Fantasy ExpertCafe Writer
(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:58 pm

The Cubs intend to be careful with Aramis Ramirez's groin injury, to avoid him missing two weeks like he did in early July.
"You could tear that thing and you'd be out the rest of the year," said manager Dusty Baker. "That's why he didn't play the other day; I was trying to guard him. And I told you that's why he wasn't batting higher in the order, because I don't want him to have to run. Everybody says, 'Move him up, move him up,' but all you're going to do is just hurt him if he has to score on a double or something like that." Ramirez is day-to-day. Aug. 14 - 8:09 am et

Surprising, Dusty Baker actually looking out for his player's health, or maybe that's just with non-pitchers :-D
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -26)

Postby Danimal » Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:20 pm

I checked with the Cubs PR people and they say his nickname is not A-Ram. It is officially RamRam.

sincerely
BamBam
Danimal
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)

Return to Baseball Leftovers