Return to Baseball Leftovers

Obscure MR info

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Obscure MR info

Postby AKhomebrewer » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:08 am

A small public service for those in holds leagues, extra-deep leagues or those looking for relievers to avoid topping an innings-pitched limit.

Wedge has made another shuffle to the scariest pen in the majors, apparently shifting Bob Howry to the set-up role formerly held by Rafael Betancourt, David Riske, et al.
He also said Howry would get save opps on days Wickman can't go.

Howry got another hold tonight (gave up hit and BB but no runs), and now has 27 K's in 26 innings with a sub-2.00 ERA and just three walks. And 4 holds in the past week.

I wouldn't drop anyone good, but if you've got a roster spot ...
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:50 am

Yeah I noticed Howry getting the holds the past 2 games...... i see a win by a couple rusn and I'm praying for a Riske hold, and on consecutive days Howry gets it :-[

I think I'm the only person who watched the highlights of the Indians game and was pissed cuz they didn't show who pitched the 8th inning in the game summary :-b

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -179)

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:45 am

LBJackal wrote:I think I'm the only person who watched the highlights of the Indians game and was pissed cuz they didn't show who pitched the 8th inning in the game summary :-b

LOL...no you are not the only one that does that...I really wish they would go ahead and show the whole box score when they give game updates... ;-D
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -3266)

Re: Obscure MR info

Postby jbones733 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:00 am

AKhomebrewer wrote:A small public service for those in holds leagues, extra-deep leagues or those looking for relievers to avoid topping an innings-pitched limit.

Wedge has made another shuffle to the scariest pen in the majors, apparently shifting Bob Howry to the set-up role formerly held by Rafael Betancourt, David Riske, et al.
He also said Howry would get save opps on days Wickman can't go.

Howry got another hold tonight (gave up hit and BB but no runs), and now has 27 K's in 26 innings with a sub-2.00 ERA and just three walks. And 4 holds in the past week.

I wouldn't drop anyone good, but if you've got a roster spot ...

guy has been sharo, but hes been a very mediocre major league pitcher thru his career.

anyway , would you drop fransisco fransisco for him, i mean the kid has a live arm & is awesome, but gets no holds for some reason, in showalters whacky world
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -6)

Return to Baseball Leftovers