Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Nomar recover?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Nomar recover?

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:37 pm

Hes been decent this year, but not what I expected from him when he came back. I took him in the 2nd round (this was when he was projected to maybe miss opening day :~( ) The average isn't bad, but the power numbers are pretty weak. What do you guys think, will he turn it up soon or is he going to be one of the major busts this year?
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:40 pm

I would expect somewhere in between.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:44 pm

Eh not very encouraging Lofunzo :-o
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Postby Pedantic » Thu Jul 22, 2004 4:45 pm

I don't think he's going to "recover." His slugging percentage is right on target with last year's and his home run pace works out to twenty-five dingers if he had as many at-bats as last year. I would think this is what you're going to see for the rest of the season (and I wouldn't be unhappy with it either, if I owned him). Some could consider him already to be a bust because of his injury.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -62)

Postby Surfs up » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:40 pm

The Red Sox should have trade him a week ago while they could have replaced a decent player in return. With Pokey on the DL they have Ricky Gutierrez at short. Not looking good. Good thing they had a solid start from Wakefield tonight . Still 9 games out of first and 1/2 out of the wildcard. Its going to be tough going. I think they have 2 weeks on the road after this home stand.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 645)

Postby mikcou » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:38 pm

Pedantic wrote:I don't think he's going to "recover." His slugging percentage is right on target with last year's and his home run pace works out to twenty-five dingers if he had as many at-bats as last year. I would think this is what you're going to see for the rest of the season (and I wouldn't be unhappy with it either, if I owned him). Some could consider him already to be a bust because of his injury.

agreed ;-D
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -63)

Return to Baseball Leftovers