Return to Baseball Leftovers

Which team do you dislike most?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:08 pm

Amazinz wrote:I don't think the Yankees have to be obsessed with the Mets (although George is) but on the radio shows in NY the Yankees fans are every bit as bad as the Mets fans.

I don't quite understand your statement. George isn't obsessed with the Mets. He's obsessed with winning and headlines. He only cares about the Mets if they threaten his spotlight. Luckily, they never do. :-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:24 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Amazinz wrote:I don't think the Yankees have to be obsessed with the Mets (although George is) but on the radio shows in NY the Yankees fans are every bit as bad as the Mets fans.

I don't quite understand your statement. George isn't obsessed with the Mets. He's obsessed with winning and headlines. He only cares about the Mets if they threaten his spotlight. Luckily, they never do. :-D

I don't know about never. They did a pretty good job during the SWEEP! :-b
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:23 pm

Amazinz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

The sweep meant pretty much nothing. I thought it would be a big uproar in NY but nobody seemed to care. The series meant nothing to the Yankees really, after coming off a sweep of the Red Sox. It seemed like it was just another series.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -37)

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:09 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
Amazinz wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

The sweep meant pretty much nothing. I thought it would be a big uproar in NY but nobody seemed to care. The series meant nothing to the Yankees really, after coming off a sweep of the Red Sox. It seemed like it was just another series.

It was embarrasing to George for sure. Did you see his comments? And it was embarrasing to Yankees fans. Don't kid yourself. Neither Mets fans (like last year) nor Yankees fans want to get swept like that. But we were talking about the spotlight and indeed for three days the Mets owned the spotlight. That's what I was getting at.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:11 pm

Honestly, I wasn't embarassed. You can call me a liar if you want but I really wasn't. Sure it stung a little being swept but after that huge series against Boston, pretty much nothing could get me off that high I was on.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:17 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:Honestly, I wasn't embarassed. You can call me a liar if you want but I really wasn't. Sure it stung a little being swept but after that huge series against Boston, pretty much nothing could get me off that high I was on.

Well that's what I meant. Embarassed was a bad choice of words. It sucked for Mets fans last year. I am not sure why you're so defensive when these conversations come up. ;-)
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby ajgnydc722 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:18 pm

I wasn't trying to be defensive, I was just saying I'm not sure how much spotlight the Mets stole because the series didn't really have alot of emotion after that Boston series.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazinz » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:20 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:I wasn't trying to be defensive, I was just saying I'm not sure how much spotlight the Mets stole because the series didn't really have alot of emotion after that Boston series.

We were talking media-wise.
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:34 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:I'm not fond of the Cards-- perhaps as I've kind of had shared Benjapage's observations re the leaveittobeaverness of the Cards fans when you see them in the stands. And on the players as well, for that matter.

I also have not been keen on Atlanta for a while and have to say that when the Cubs fans were all taunting them doing the chop and chanting during the playoffs last year it was something I'd not ever really observed in sports before.

Ouch, that hurt. !+)

Hey speaking on behalf of myself at least, if the time came to protect either of my teams (cards and stros) I'd be willing to kick some ass.
B-) }:-)
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -30)

Postby jumpman8288 » Fri Jul 23, 2004 1:09 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:Honestly, I wasn't embarassed. You can call me a liar if you want but I really wasn't. Sure it stung a little being swept but after that huge series against Boston, pretty much nothing could get me off that high I was on.

I was. Lol, I remember I was in the ESPN Club down in Orlando for the first game, where the Yanks got beat up really bad...I was sitting at the table with my cousins (of course they're Mets fans) and the non-stop heckling...can't get it out of my head... X-I
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -14)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers