Return to Baseball Leftovers

Frank Thomas out 8 weeks

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Frank Thomas out 8 weeks

Postby kentx12 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:15 pm

Just heard on while watching the Braves. He has a broken bone in his foot. This is all I needed another person on the DL.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby irishdude103 » Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:20 pm

well somebody was trying to trade me him, but 8 weeks is a long time to be on the DL so i think i will stick with what i have got
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby tmoney » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:27 am

This blows! :~(
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bea Arthur » Sat Jul 17, 2004 12:32 am

Thomas. What a turd. Just traded for him a few weeks ago for Dmitri Young, and now he poops the bed on me. Gotta love a guy that gets hurt when he's the DH! I mean, he's a friggin DH! He barely has to even move!
Bea Arthur
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Jul 17, 2004 11:08 am

The loss of Thomas was the gravestone on my worst injury season every. Over the course of this year, I've lost: (14-Team, H2H, Points)

Troy Glaus
Garrett Anderson
Kerry Wood
Raul Ibanez
Corey Koskie (the same day as Glaus, and Koskie was Glaus' backup on my team)
and now Thomas.

I also had Halladay, Zito, and Vidro in the "don't want to play this year" category.

Oh, and you'll like this story, too. Thomas went down on a Thursday, and Thursdays are our lineup substitution day (we get one position sub per week). So I looked around for the streakiest player on the WW at the time, and I found Doug Miekevi... Doug Mienkevi... Doug Mienkeive... WAHTEVER... you know who I'm talking about.

Anyways, so I pick up Dougie M. and hastily throw him into my lineup on Thursday. That very night I find out that he was hit in the hand during fielding practice only hours after I picked him up!!! I personally cursed Doug M. by picking him up for my fantasy death trap... I mean... team. I think that's one of the more humorous stories I've endured from my four years of fantasy baseball.

Hope you enjoyed...

Stl
Want an easy icon?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=133
All you have to do is beat a few guys at picking Sunday's winners.[/url]
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Return to Baseball Leftovers