Return to Baseball Leftovers

Vote for the Cafe Fantasy All-Star Team!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Vote for the Cafe Fantasy All-Star Team!

Postby Arlo » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:07 pm

Had enough of ballot stuffing and popularity contest voting? For the entire month of July, we'll be holding a vote for this year's fantasy all-star squad on the Cafe's front page. Forget the big names - we're looking for the players who put fantasy teams over the top! The results should be interesting...

First up: Catchers! ;-D
Last edited by Arlo on Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1472)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:08 pm

Arlo, we've kind of done this already. We have a starting lineup thus far and are working on the reserves still. Its not my site though, so do as you please.

Edit: Nevermind, I misread. This is for fantasy. The other was real baseball. Sorry for the misunderstanding and carry on :-°
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Postby matmat » Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:14 am

i already have issue with the poll... how can people vote for posada or kendall over estrada... I think people are still voting for the "real players" as opposed to their fantasy counterparts.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby ukrneal » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:45 am

Arlo - maybe you want to flesh out the criteria that people should use to vote? I can see votes for both Estrada and Posada myself - I'd still rather have Jorge - he has the greater potential for impact. But Estrada has been more consistent and a surprise. Should I consider that in my vote? DO I vote baded on 5x5 or should other stats count? Anyway, you see where I am going.
ukrneal
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -150)

Postby Arlo » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:07 pm

Yes, I see where you're going, but I think it's best not to limit voters to one stzle of play. If we were only looking at 5x5, for example, and basing the results purely on stats, in most cases, there wouldn't be much need for a vote...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1472)

Postby wrveres » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:32 am

how come it says 1B ?
what happened to the catchers
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Return to Baseball Leftovers