Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is up with Konerko?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is up with Konerko?

Postby jdh » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:04 pm

Does anyone know if there is something wrong with Konerko or if he is just having a slow start? He is batting around .100 so far. Would it be a good idea to consider benching him? I currently have Sweeney, Konerko, and Huff who can all play 1B and have been putting Sweeney in the 1B slot and Konerko in the Utility or IF slot since he should bat around 300 and get 100 RBIs. I could bench Konerko and use Huff instead or I could also bench Konerko, put Brad Wilkerson at 1B and use Crawford in the OF. Any suggestions?
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fat Mo » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:35 pm

I am wondering the same thing!! I have Phelps on my bench and I am now going to play him until Konerko shows some sort of life. You should do the same! If you need steals, go w/ Crawford...otherwise use Huff.
Fat Mo

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Clevelander » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:50 pm

i just acquired him in a trade...konerko for hinske, talk about a trade of slumpsters...
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Super GM » Tue Apr 08, 2003 5:57 pm

I think Konerko and Hinske are both just off to a slow start. They just need to get a couple of hits and they'll be right back into it. You're just gonna have to wait another week or so. Probably.
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -55)

Postby jdh » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:00 pm

I agree. I have no plans of dumping or trading away Konerko yet. I am just happy to have Huff as an alternative to use until he hits his stride.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby gypsyspot » Tue Apr 08, 2003 6:16 pm

give the young men some time. We arent even two weeks into the season, there is no reason to panic. But there is always reason to have a picnic.
I know the future!!!!!!!
gypsyspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Return to Baseball Leftovers