An Iconic Fantasy Baseball Community
Moderator: Baseball Moderators
Arlo wrote:One form of bias (or selective wording, if bias is too strong a term here) I always find interesting is the difference in reporting between U.S. and international editions of several media sources. For example, "Bush Meets with Pope" vs. "Bush Meets Pope, Faces Protests" (as seen on cnn.com recently)...
Lofunzo wrote:I know what you mean. Others include:
1. Crack Found on Governors Daughter
2. Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Expert Says
3. Police Begin Campaign to Run Down Jaywalkers
4. Iraqi Head Seeks Arms
5. Is There a Ring of Debris around Uranus?
6. Prostitutes Appeal to Pope
7. Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over
8. Teacher Strikes Idle Kids
9. Miners Refuse to Work after Death
10. Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
11. War Dims Hope for Peace
12. If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last Awhile
13. Cold Wave Linked to Temperatures
14. Enfield Couple Slain; Police Suspect Homicide
15. Red Tape Holds Up New Bridges
16. Typhoon Rips Through Cemetery; Hundreds Dead
17. Man Struck By Lightning Faces Battery Charge
18. New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group
19. Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Spacecraft
20. Kids Make Nutritious Snacks
21. Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half
22. Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors
Lofunzo wrote:Link fixed.
thetongueofire wrote:ive got some more examples of "bias"...
Queen Mary having bottom scraped
NJ judge to rule on nude beach
Remind me to never be in his courtroom.
Child's stool great for use in garden
Dr. Ruth to talk about sex with newspaper editors
Well she would know, wouldn't she? Lol.
Soviet virgin lands short of goal again
Stranded on third again, huh?
Organ festival ends in smashing climax
I don't want to talk about someone's organ.
Grandmother of eight makes hole in one
Ouch. Wonder what the kid did?
Deaf mute gets new hearing in killing
Guess those screams fixed the problem.....
House passes gas tax onto senate
Bet they blamed the dog.
Stiff opposition expected to casketless funeral plan
Soft dead bodies stink, so I hope rigor has set in
Two convicts evade noose, jury hung
They jury should be hung. All the evidence is right there and they let the convicts go.
William Kelly was fed secretary
Couldn't let him starve, could they?
Safety experts say school bus passengers should be belted
Yep, smack them around a little .
Quarter of a million Chinese live on water
The rest live on land
Farmer bill dies in house
Tragic anytime a farmer dies.
Kids make nutritional snacks
Coming soon from Lector Snacks Inc.
Typhoon rips through cemetery; hundreds dead
Just not buried anymore.
Chef throws his heart into helping feed needy
Well I guess if they are hungry enough.....
Man struck by lightening faces battery charge
Keeps going, and going, and going.....
Juvenile court to try shooting defendants
Finally! Definitely no more repeat defendants
Reagan wins on budget, but more lies ahead
He's a politician. What did you expect?
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest