Return to Baseball Leftovers

What's the best site for commish service?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What's the best site for commish service?

Postby petben » Fri Mar 22, 2002 7:05 pm

I've been in a debate about sportsline and TQ. Any others? What system do you use?
petben
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:26 am

For stat-keeping, I have no problem with free services (at the moment I like yahoo best, in spite of the occasional glitch).

As for true commish services such as dealing with trade vetos, I haven't found one I've liked yet. All have been too arbitrary or illogical in one instance or another. What do you like or dislike about the two you mentioned? I'd say those two are basically a matter of taste, without one being clearly superior.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1472)

Postby Dan » Sun Mar 24, 2002 3:31 pm

I never tried TQ, but I somehow didnt like Sportsline.

Although I like their coverage really, I think the setup of pages of the fantasy game are somewhat stupid and are not really easy to overlook and use!

Here I like the easier menus at Yahoo most!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby petben » Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:03 pm

Sportsline has all sorts of bells and whistles you just can't find on yahoo, but only for the pay service. It's truly customizable. I've heard TQ is better but I think that's mostly due to people preferring a small company to the large corporation. Customer service being the prime reason people prefer it. Yahoo is very simple in set up, but if you want to truly customize your leage, you're SOL.
petben
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:09 pm

Agreed about the bells and whistles (sometimes it's fun to add those on yourself, though). What sort of features and options are you and your league looking for?

Customer service is a good point, too. I strongly prefer services that fix a glitch quickly to those that offer more features, but leave you high and dry when something goes wrong.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby petben » Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:30 pm

It allows for complete cutomization, including roster size, up to 20 teams, minor league players, commish can add unlisted players, IR slots, game limits, customized scoring, home page set up (each owner can set it up seperately), alerts to let you know when someone else is online, multi sortable stats, finance tracking. the draft room is pretty strong, as long as you use the HTML version. java is still buggy.

My league is points based, with heavy debate going into all categories. I really needed that ability to manuever at will. Sportsline allowed that, but people are telling me TQ does all that and more. Same price too. Ah well, maybe next year.
petben
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:15 pm

I'm not using TQ for any leahues this year, but I've heard complaints of trouble logging in recently. Hopefully, this will be fixed before the season. By the way, what's your budget? Allstar is very nice, but definitely pricey.

All the features you mentioned should be more or less standard, with the exception of finance tracking. What do you need there - just cap management, or a more detailed program?

Anyway, you shouldn't be disappointed by TQ. Hope it works out!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Help

Postby timstlguru » Fri Jan 24, 2003 9:36 am

I don't like Sportsline or TQ...there HAS to be a better option! Anyone?????
timstlguru
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers