Page 2 of 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:35 am
by Chopper
Finley
----------- AVG OBP SLG OPS
vs. Left--.213 .289 .388 .676
vs. Right .319 .385 .614 .999

Clayton - and other Rockies similar, if not as pronounced
------- R- HR -RBI -AVG OBP SLG OPS
Home 28 5 14 -.345 .417 .611 1.028
Away 18 1 - 7 - .235 .276 .319 .595

Pierre - sit on the road against lefties
-------- AVG
vs. Left .210
vs. Right .340
-------- AVG
Home .350
Away .277

Blalock - I'm not sitting him, but...
Home Avg: .346
Away Avg: .229

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:40 am
by benjapage
alfonso soriano

129 AB: .341 with 19 runs, 19K @ home
126 AB: .246 with 9 runs, 34K on the road

these are the big differences. his power numbers are pretty evenly distributed. (5 @ home, 4 on the road).

also, he should NEVER swing at the first pitch. his average with 1-0 count: .450

and his average with an 0-1 count: .417

WOW. 8-o

b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:44 am
by funatic
benjapage wrote:alfonso soriano

129 AB: .341 with 19 runs, 19K @ home
126 AB: .246 with 9 runs, 34K on the road

these are the big differences. his power numbers are pretty evenly distributed. (5 @ home, 4 on the road).

also, he should NEVER swing at the first pitch. his average with 1-0 count: .450

and his average with an 0-1 count: .417

WOW. 8-o

b


I don't understand... .450 and .417? Both pretty good... do you mean swing and hit, and not swing and miss?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:45 am
by Chopper
One that's harder to plan for is something slomo pointed out. Feliz has been remarkable hitting ahead of Bonds. If he's batting 5th through 9th, however, he may not be worth using that day:
Feliz Splits
Scroll towards the bottom and check out the OBP and Slugging differences.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:48 am
by slomo007
Chopper wrote:One that's harder to plan for is something slomo pointed out. Feliz has been remarkable hitting ahead of Bonds. If he's batting 5th through 9th, however, he may not be worth using that day:
Feliz Splits
Scroll towards the bottom and check out the OBP and Slugging differences.


You just have to hope Alou figures out this trend also....The numbers don't lie.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:54 am
by NittanyLions
Adam Everett
Home: .336
Away: .237

Lyle Overbay
Home: .386, 30 RBI
Away: .299, 18 RBI

Lew Ford
Home: .363, 24 RBI
Away: .276, 10 RBI

The most significant...
Corey Koskie
Home: .198
Away: .309

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:40 pm
by wrveres
slomo007 wrote:You just have to hope Alou figures out this trend also....The numbers don't lie.


True, but they do need a larger sample size