Return to General Talk

Gammons Call

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby barry4prez » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:34 pm

Nobody likes Bonds outisde of SF...I was kidding about that, obviously. And Baker's in Chicago...so stop hating us, and hate them. Besides, how could you like the Dodgers, with guys like Tommie Lasorda, Milton Bradley, and Eric "fat, ugly, french-canadien goggle boy" Gagne?
barry4prez
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Nipples » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:35 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:I've never liked Bonds, didn't like Baker, and just overall don't like them. Not really a good reason why I guess. Just the type of team I get a bad feeling about.

If I werent a Yankees fan second after the Giants, I would say the Yankees are the easiest team to "get a bad feeling about." But since I do like the Yankees, the Red Sux are the easiest team to "get a bad feeling about"..... actually, that doesnt seem to stop people from liking them. I think the Sux are the easy team to root for if you want to be pitied. If you want to be honored because your favorite team sucks and has never won a world series in the last 80 years, then you root for the Red Sux. They're the team for fans who just give up.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby beltrans_boy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:37 pm

Hey guys, real quick, how many world championships have the San Francisco Giants won?

;-D
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -17)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:40 pm

barry4prez wrote:Nobody likes Bonds outisde of SF...I was kidding about that, obviously. And Baker's in Chicago...so stop hating us, and hate them. Besides, how could you like the Dodgers, with guys like Tommie Lasorda, Milton Bradley, and Eric "fat, ugly, french-canadien goggle boy" Gagne?

What's the matter with Lasorda lol? I agree Bradley's a psycho but I enjoy watching him explode at least. :-D I'm getting sick of Gagne but only because he's not being compared to THE best closer ever, Mariano Rivera. :-P

I do like Green (I know, I know) as well as Lo Duca and others such as Roberts, Encarnacion, and if they accquire a big bat like Nomar or Beltran I'll like them even more.

Players wise, St. Louis would be my fav NL team because Pujols is tied for my favorite player with Soriano, and I've always liked Rolen, Renteria, Edmonds, Morris and Izzy.

However I gotta root for L.A..
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -37)

Postby Bloody Nipples » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:40 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:Hey guys, real quick, how many world championships have the San Francisco Giants won?

;-D

Dont care. Ive only been alive for 17 years and a day, so it really doesnt matter to me. All I know is that the Dodgers have been to one WS in that time, and so have the Giants. I also know that the Yanks have been to 6, and the Red Sux have been to 0.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thetongueofire » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:42 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:
ajgnydc722 wrote:I've never liked Bonds, didn't like Baker, and just overall don't like them. Not really a good reason why I guess. Just the type of team I get a bad feeling about.

If I werent a Yankees fan second after the Giants, I would say the Yankees are the easiest team to "get a bad feeling about." But since I do like the Yankees, the Red Sux are the easiest team to "get a bad feeling about"..... actually, that doesnt seem to stop people from liking them. I think the Sux are the easy team to root for if you want to be pitied. If you want to be honored because your favorite team sucks and has never won a world series in the last 80 years, then you root for the Red Sux. They're the team for fans who just give up.

thats not very nice, nipples. why bring up the Sox in a discussion about two boring NL teams :-) (kiiiiding... )

and, oh... i will never give up :-D
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -47)

Postby beltrans_boy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:43 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:Hey guys, real quick, how many world championships have the San Francisco Giants won?

;-D

Dont care. Ive only been alive for 17 years and a day, so it really doesnt matter to me. All I know is that the Dodgers have been to one WS in that time, and so have the Giants. I also know that the Yanks have been to 6, and the Red Sux have been to 0.

The Giants have been to two World Series' in that time...but I'm sure you already knew that, since you're such a big Giants fan.

;-D
Last edited by beltrans_boy on Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -17)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:44 pm

:-D
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -37)

Postby Bloody Nipples » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:46 pm

thetongueofire wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:

thats not very nice, nipples. why bring up the Sox in a discussion about two boring NL teams :-) (kiiiiding... )

and, oh... i will never give up :-D

I have no problem with Red Sux fans from Boston or who have had connections to the city or the team their entire life. As long as you dont go running to them to get pity from other baseball fans, you are fine in my book.

And tongueofire, I wouldnt get your hopes up about this year. Nomar will be bad when he comes back, but the rest of the team will do great around him. But when it comes time to play the Yankees, they will have signed Boone to play at second.... And you know what that means ;-) hint: game 7
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bloody Nipples » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:48 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:

;-D

The Giants have been to two World Series' in that time...but I'm sure you already knew that, since you're such a big Giants fan.

;-D

Crap. I completely forgot about the most recent one! Doh! I guess I just unconsciously blocked that out of my mind.
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk