Return to General Talk

ESPN shorts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN shorts

Postby PresHabib » Wed May 26, 2004 8:46 am

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum.

But does anybody else absolutely despise these ESPN shorts? I didn't think that one with the kid groundskeeper was entertaining at all...and now they're starting a new one where these guys are watching the Red Sox and their uncle or whoever steps outside and winds up dropping dead from something...they hug the guys wife and then the short ends...seriously, what the hell is that!? I can't stand these things, they're not entertaining, they are only even loosely based on sports..they don't have anything to do with anything. Who's with me, who hates this crap too?
Rest in peace Mitch Hedberg. I name my fantasy team "Buoyancy of Citrus", in your honor.
1968-2005
PresHabib
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bonecrusher17 » Wed May 26, 2004 9:31 am

I think ESPN is trying to prove they can do absolutely anything and people will still watch...ESPN Shorts, Playmakers, stupid movies, game show rip offs, and worst of all...Dream Job.
Put the lotion in the basket.
bonecrusher17
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ironman » Wed May 26, 2004 10:21 am

They're just elaborate commercials. The first was for Sears Craftsman, and this new one is Miller Lite I believe. Even if they're trying to make them actual stories the product pimping is way too blatant.
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -173)

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 11:50 am

LOL the one where grandpa dies on the front porch is weird. I never have seen part 2 of it (after the To Be Continued...)

Just seems weird showing sports highlights than showing a segment where someone dies.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Amazinz » Wed May 26, 2004 11:52 am

bonecrusher17 wrote:I think ESPN is trying to prove they can do absolutely anything and people will still watch...ESPN Shorts, Playmakers, stupid movies, game show rip offs, and worst of all...Dream Job.

Ugh, Playmakers. I was so hyped for that show when it first came out and it turns out to be some big soap-opera trash. :-t
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -120)

Postby GucciBaseballs » Wed May 26, 2004 12:01 pm

bonecrusher17 wrote:I think ESPN is trying to prove they can do absolutely anything and people will still watch...ESPN Shorts, Playmakers, stupid movies, game show rip offs, and worst of all...Dream Job.

you forgot the biggest two:

John Kruk and Steven A. Smith (shutup for once, he always give me a headache from screaming)
"I am ready to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter."
- Sir Winston Churchill
GucciBaseballs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Registered_Guest » Wed May 26, 2004 12:06 pm

Hey now, I enjoyed Dream Job (especially the loud annoying Michael Quigley who was eliminated early on!!) and the game show with Kenny Mayne (want to say it was called 2-Minute Warning or something).

I never watched Playmakers. Day of our Lives is enough soap opera for me ;-D
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WhiteHot » Wed May 26, 2004 12:07 pm

GucciBaseballs wrote:

you forgot the biggest two:

John Kruk and Steven A. Smith (shutup for once, he always give me a headache from screaming)

Both Philadelphia guys (well, Kruk played here and Stephen writes here). If you think they are bad, listen to WIP, our sports radio. You'll lose faith in humanity.
WhiteHot
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby Bloody Nipples » Wed May 26, 2004 12:35 pm

Registered_Guest wrote:Hey now, I enjoyed Dream Job (especially the loud annoying Michael Quigley who was eliminated early on!!) and the game show with Kenny Mayne (want to say it was called 2-Minute Warning or something).

I never watched Playmakers. Day of our Lives is enough soap opera for me ;-D

It was 2 minute drill. And Dream Job was great! It was real interesting to see how they produce a show like sportscenter, and listening to the contestants was cool. BTW, has anyone actually seen Mike Hall on Sportscenter yet?
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed May 26, 2004 12:37 pm

2-min drill was excellent. I loved that show.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Next

Return to General Talk