Return to General Talk

Presidential Election of F.B.C.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:10 pm

1) End all welfare!

2) End immigration!

3) Total ban on all abortion!

All of these are completly self explanatory as to why they need to be done so I will not elaborate unless called on it!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 796
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 22 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Flint, Michigan

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:57 pm

O yea and a constitutional amendment banning "gay marriage"!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 796
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 22 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Flint, Michigan

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:41 am

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:3) Total ban on all abortion!


I disagree in certain cases. Such as a raped woman. Is it really fair for her to have to carry a child, due to a rapist? I believe in such a case, the woman should have the choice.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 48715
(Past Year: -5140)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:58 am

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:1) End all welfare!

2) End immigration!

3) Total ban on all abortion!

All of these are completly self explanatory as to why they need to be done so I will not elaborate unless called on it!


LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:O yea and a constitutional amendment banning "gay marriage"!


Not being politcally correct, but I disagree with all of your points. Welfare, if used properly, is a good thing as long as the recipient wants to get back on their feet. Immigration can be good as long as the right people are let into the country. If we ever cut it off, do you think that we would be able to travel the world?? It's a 2-way street. I also don't like to ban abortion for the reasons that Mad stated. Finally, I have no problems with gay marriages. I am as hetero as they come but as long as they don't offend me and do their thing on my sofa, I don't care. As long as 2 consenting adults want to be married, so be it. ;-D
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:00 am

My bad.I should have added that.I agree in the case of a crime an abortion is OK!

As far as two men walking around at Disney World acting like its normal to hold hands and kiss.And then me having to explain it to my 6 year old daughter I am firmly against it.These guys are not "doing it on my couch", but it still is having an affect on the way I want to live and raise my kids.Marriage is simply between a man and a woman.No ifs ands or buts.You honestly think that almost 70 % of Americans should be ignored in their belief that gay marriage is wrong because some high profiled idiot like Rosie O Donnel or Ellen Degenerate makes some dumb speech that gays deserve to be married?Majority should rule in this case but unfortunately it is being shafted.It will lead to nothing except trouble and moral decay.Left wingers make a big case about us Right wingers (BUSH) making Muslims hate us.Well did you know that homosexuality is a death sentence in Arab countries.Muslims look down and want to kill us because of these types of things.They see our society as a immoral cess pool and to a certain extent they are right.So while the left want these things put into law, the Arabs view it as a real reason to hate us more.Not because of Bush!

And as far as immigration goes do you know where most of these terrorist got there educations?AMERICA!We need to either toughen up on the laws already on the books or shut the borders all together.Either way I am all for it.Wont be long and some of these schools in heavily immigrant populated areas will be teaching English as a second language.30 minutes from me is the most heavily populated Arab area in the USA!Go to Seattle and half the signs and things are Japanese.Go to LA and see the Spanish nonsense in the schools.This is America!We speak English.You came to us so you conform to our ways.We dont change it for you!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 796
(Past Year: -2)
Joined: 22 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Flint, Michigan

Postby wkelly91 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:01 am

Lofunzo wrote:
LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:1) End all welfare!

2) End immigration!

3) Total ban on all abortion!

All of these are completly self explanatory as to why they need to be done so I will not elaborate unless called on it!


LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:O yea and a constitutional amendment banning "gay marriage"!


Not being politcally correct, but I disagree with all of your points. Welfare, if used properly, is a good thing as long as the recipient wants to get back on their feet. Immigration can be good as long as the right people are let into the country. If we ever cut it off, do you think that we would be able to travel the world?? It's a 2-way street. I also don't like to ban abortion for the reasons that Mad stated. Finally, I have no problems with gay marriages. I am as hetero as they come but as long as they don't offend me and do their thing on my sofa, I don't care. As long as 2 consenting adults want to be married, so be it. ;-D


I agree in most part with Lofunzo here. I would moderate in that I would allow Gay people to continue having their "unions" and if they want to non-state sanctioned marriages let them. I do not agree with state-sanctioned marriages because it opens a whole set of problems up. Survivorship, social security etc. If gay marriage is recognized then a whole new set of people can collect social security benefits on an already taxed system.
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2776
(Past Year: -20)
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Looking over your shoulder as you type.

Postby wkelly91 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 5:07 am

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:.You honestly think that almost 70 % of Americans should be ignored in their belief that gay marriage is wrong?

Majority should rule in this case but unfortunately it is being shafted.


We live in a representative republic not a pure democracy, and while I personally don't agree with gay marriage, we can't stoop to mob rule! Everyone thinks Majority rules is great till they are on the minority end. !+)
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2776
(Past Year: -20)
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Looking over your shoulder as you type.

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:29 am

wkelly91 wrote:Everyone thinks Majority rules is great till they are on the minority end. !+)

Now this is something we can all agree with... :-)
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7375
(Past Year: -1472)
Joined: 4 Jan 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cheap Seats

Postby Transmogrifier » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:45 am

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:1) End all welfare!

2) End immigration!

3) Total ban on all abortion!

All of these are completly self explanatory as to why they need to be done so I will not elaborate unless called on it!


Did someone let Pat Buchanon in here? ;-)

Let's see. Welfare does have benefits; even (rational) conservatives will tell you that there are gaps in a market society.

Without immigration, my grandmother would not have come from Italy. So many productive people in this country are immigrants. Einstein was a refugee. If you eliminate immigration, you eliminate much of American culture. I won't even touch the hate filled rhetoric associated with English (the funny thing is that when Americans travel abroad they also expect people to speak English...)

I still find it amazing that conservatives who believe in a smaller government want the government to regulate a woman's body. Imagine if science was to determine that there is "life" in sperm--and we're not allowed to make use of it except for procreation... so they decide to regulate it. Slippery slope argument? Sure, but the point is that it's easy for men to be against abortion.

Lastly, regarding gay marriage. The key here is that people forget that marriage is not a religious institution--it is a state one, thus there is no reason why people shouldn't be entitled to it. This doesn't mean that churches have to accept it inside their homes, but that the state does.

Marriage is not "simply between a man and a woman" as if marriage has been a static institution through its existence. In fact, marriage has been evolving over centuries. This is just another step.

I'd also ask, Lions and Tigers, that you consider what your hate is doing to your child, rather than worrying about what the effect of seeing two men holding hands does.

And lastly, much of the country disagreed with the Brown v. Board decision... the majority is often wrong.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 7088
(Past Year: -93)
Joined: 17 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: No taxation without Representation!

Postby wkelly91 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:10 am

Transmogrifier wrote:I still find it amazing that conservatives who believe in a smaller government want the government to regulate a woman's body.

It's not just conservatives...and there are many laws across this country legislating morality ex: prostitution, poligamy

Lastly, regarding gay marriage. The key here is that people forget that marriage is not a religious institution I think you have this backwards. There were people getting married long before the state started handing out certificates--it is a state one, thus there is no reason why people shouldn't be entitled to it. This doesn't mean that churches have to accept it inside their homes, but that the state does.

Marriage is not "simply between a man and a woman" as if marriage has been a static institution through its existence. In fact, marriage has been evolving over centuries. This is just another step.

Speaking of slippery slopes...what about poligamy, or maybe marrying children, or pets? If you stop me from marrying my pet pig then you will be denying me my rights and legislating morality.

And lastly, much of the country disagreed with the Brown v. Board decision... the majority is often wrong.
Agreed ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2776
(Past Year: -20)
Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Looking over your shoulder as you type.

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron