Return to General Talk

Presidential Election of F.B.C.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Fri May 28, 2004 3:23 pm

Madison wrote:1. Bring all of our troops home and increase defense for the country. No more beating around the bush, they hit us, say bye bye to their country and their candy butts as well.

2. Revamp the school system. Too many kids are graduating without even being able to read, spell, or speak the English language. As an addition to revamping the schools, remove any mandatory learning of other languages. Our national language is English, so everyone should be able to read and speak it. If a student would like to learn another language, those classes will be electives, but definitely not mandatory for all students.

3. Make the death penalty legal in all 50 states and quicken the time involved to get the convicted executed. No more living on the taxpayer's dime for 25 years before finally being executed.

4. Make gambling legal in all 50 states. Doesn't make any sense at all for gambling to only be allowed between certain borders within the country.

How long does it take to add someone to the presidential ballot? Cuz Madison gets my vote. 4 for 4 on those. ;-D
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -436)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri May 28, 2004 3:25 pm

How did I miss this thread??

If I was elected President I would make the US the 11th Province :-b
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -416)

Postby Bloody Nipples » Fri May 28, 2004 4:12 pm

acsguitar wrote:If I were President:

1. Disarm our country. Hand guns, assault weapons, Nukes! It would make a great impression
2. Use war money for education and health care.
3. Repair our extrememly damaged foreign policy by pulling out of Iraw and concentrating on our own business ;-D

I agree with everything you say except for the last point. I think we shouldnt have been in Iraq in the first place, but now that we are there, we cant just pack up and leave. We must do our best to rebuild the nation in a way that terrorism and corruption cannot return, but also in a way that is not soley beneficial to the US (ie with oil).

BTW, where is DieHardCubbie? I know he's got an opinion on this stuff!
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -4)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri May 28, 2004 4:32 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:
acsguitar wrote:If I were President:

1. Disarm our country. Hand guns, assault weapons, Nukes! It would make a great impression
3. Repair our extrememly damaged foreign policy by pulling out of Iraw and concentrating on our own business ;-D

I agree with everything you say except for the last point. I think we shouldnt have been in Iraq in the first place, but now that we are there, we cant just pack up and leave. We must do our best to rebuild the nation in a way that terrorism and corruption cannot return, but also in a way that is not soley beneficial to the US (ie with oil).

BTW, where is DieHardCubbie? I know he's got an opinion on this stuff!

I never like to talk politics but I'll make an exception. Let me preface this by saying that I am 100% American and I support whatever we do in that regard. That said, does anyone see the humor and hypocracy in us going over there and telling them how they need to run their country?? Sometimes I think, who are we to go over there and tell them that they need to have a democratic way of life? While it is obviously better, sometimes I think that we should stop meddling in other people's business and just stick to our own issues. I also see the hypocracy in that we wouldn't give a doody about what happens over there if they weren't sitting on a ton of oil. There are a ton of countries on the other side of the world with just as many problems but no oil. Why aren't we there if we really cared about the people and not the oil??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri May 28, 2004 4:41 pm

I'm noy saying it's true, or that I believe it, but it was reported that Iraq was a country who could of launched an attack against the United States and it's allies. This includes biological and chemical attacks. So far, we have found little, to no evidence of that, but, of course, we gave them like 6 months to dispose of all their weapons, and surrender.
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -19)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri May 28, 2004 4:47 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:I'm noy saying it's true, or that I believe it, but it was reported that Iraq was a country who could of launched an attack against the United States and it's allies. This includes biological and chemical attacks. So far, we have found little, to no evidence of that, but, of course, we gave them like 6 months to dispose of all their weapons, and surrender.

You just reminded me of something else. While I understand the need for us to protect ourselves, does anyone else see the irony in the fact that we need to disarm the world while we continue to make nukes??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Liberty30 » Fri May 28, 2004 5:19 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
Nomar4prez wrote:I'm noy saying it's true, or that I believe it, but it was reported that Iraq was a country who could of launched an attack against the United States and it's allies. This includes biological and chemical attacks. So far, we have found little, to no evidence of that, but, of course, we gave them like 6 months to dispose of all their weapons, and surrender.

You just reminded me of something else. While I understand the need for us to protect ourselves, does anyone else see the irony in the fact that we need to disarm the world while we continue to make nukes??

While indeed ironic, if it is in our best interest to disarm dangerous countries (which it clearly is), why shouldn't we do it? The world is not a utopia where France, England, China, and America can all join hands and sing kumbaya. Don't be fooled, each country is looking out for its best interest and future power. (Such as France objecting to Iraq... they couldn't give a darn about whether or not there really were WMD's, they only cared about protecting the millions, or billions, of dollars in French investment in Iraq, and preventing the release of information of exactly how much France was defying international restrictions on dealings with Iraq.)
Liberty30
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby Lofunzo » Fri May 28, 2004 5:22 pm

I understand and I agree with that. I'm just saying that I find it funny that we keep producing them while we disarm dangerous countries throughout the world. Most of the time, it is a perceived threat.
Lofunzo

Postby wkelly91 » Fri May 28, 2004 7:24 pm

Does someone want to set up a poll?
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -19)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:52 pm

[quote="Lofunzo"][quote="Bloody Nipples"][quote="acsguitar"]If I were President:

3. Repair our extrememly damaged foreign policy by pulling out of Iraw and concentrating on our own business ;-D[/quote]

BTW, where is DieHardCubbie? I know he's got an opinion on this stuff![/quote]

I never like to talk politics but I'll make an exception. Let me preface this by saying that I am 100% American and I support whatever we do in that regard. That said, does anyone see the humor and hypocracy in us going over there and telling them how they need to run their country?? Sometimes I think, [i]who are we to go over there and tell them that they need to have a democratic way of life[/i]? While it is obviously better, sometimes I think that we should stop meddling in other people's business and just stick to our own issues. I also see the hypocracy in that we wouldn't give a doody about what happens over there if they weren't sitting on a ton of oil. There are a ton of countries on the other side of the world with just as many problems but no oil. Why aren't we there if we really cared about the people and not the oil??[/quote]

You are smarter then the average bear ;-D I agree wholeheartadly!!
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk