Return to Baseball Leftovers

Zach Day

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Zach Day

Postby Ziggy Zoggy » Tue May 11, 2004 9:28 am

Anyone giving this guy a look at the bottom of their rotation in larger leagues? He seems to be a pretty decent pitcher and the Expos bats seem to put up a few runs every now and then.
"Woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man."
Ziggy Zoggy
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedsRebirth » Tue May 11, 2004 9:44 am

I like Day, had him last year, but its hard to have any Expo pitcher with the huge lack of run support.
RedsRebirth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -5)

Postby bonecrusher17 » Tue May 11, 2004 9:46 am

He's good to help out your ERA, WHIP, and IP. A little light on the K's and W's. I like him rounding out my staff.
Put the lotion in the basket.
bonecrusher17
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ziggy Zoggy » Tue May 11, 2004 9:48 am

I've got Freddy Garcia so I've learned to deal with lack of run support. I think I'm going to pick Day up and use him when he's got a decent matchup. Thanks for the responses.
"Woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man."
Ziggy Zoggy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue May 11, 2004 9:50 am

Zack Day is pretty darn good. I wouldnt consider him solid, but given the right matchups, he is definitely a plug-in SP for most leagues. I actually see him as a possible trade candidate this season.

BTW - anyone familiar with the Expos situation want to shed some light on it for me? Are they still talking about contaction with this team, or did they gut them for no real purpose? Are they still considering heading south as a permanent move, or was that never really in the cards? Any help here would be great. I think it probably has an impact on players like Day who really could be trade candidates.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -213)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Chopper » Tue May 11, 2004 9:54 am

I took a flier on him a couple weeks ago. His WHIP's were good and he was getting K's. Then he got hit a bit harder and the K's stopped coming.
Add to that the anemic Expo bats which can't give him more than 2 runs (a whopping 4 in one start) and he's back to being a FA.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Chopper
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ensanimal » Tue May 11, 2004 10:38 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Zack Day is pretty darn good. I wouldnt consider him solid, but given the right matchups, he is definitely a plug-in SP for most leagues. I actually see him as a possible trade candidate this season.

BTW - anyone familiar with the Expos situation want to shed some light on it for me? Are they still talking about contaction with this team, or did they gut them for no real purpose? Are they still considering heading south as a permanent move, or was that never really in the cards? Any help here would be great. I think it probably has an impact on players like Day who really could be trade candidates.

They won't be contracting the team. so far that's about the only thing that's relatively for sure. they say they'll be moving it, and have a place picked out by the all-star game. how many years have we heard that though?
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -152)

Return to Baseball Leftovers