Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any news on Sexson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Any news on Sexson?

Postby pmoston » Tue May 11, 2004 6:17 am

Last I heard he may play Friday when he is eligable to come off the DL. Any D-Back fans have the inside scoop? Choi and his platooning is killing me in the meantime.

Thanks
Baseball is life, the rest is just details
pmoston
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby matmat » Tue May 11, 2004 6:20 am

there are many resources out there. learn to use them :)

[url]rotoworld.com[/url]
Richie Sexson Latest News

May. 1, 2004 - 9:04 am et

The Diamondbacks believe that Richie Sexson will be able to avoid surgery on his injured shoulder.
''I feel confident in my ability to get it stronger, let's put it that way,'' trainer Paul Lessard said, adding that Sexson being out two weeks ''is a comfortable assumption.'' Sexson himself would have preferred not to even have gone on the DL. There are signs this injury won't be as serious as originally feared, but two weeks seems very optimistic.
Source: Arizona Republic

[url]rototimes.com[/url]
May 7 Richie Sexson (1B) ARZ said he plans to return from his bruised left shoulder when eligible on May 14, according to the AP. "That's what we're shooting for," he said. "We'll probably start hitting here pretty quick, getting everything going. We're on a pace to come back then." Considering he was supposed to be out until at least late May, a return that soon may not be realistic.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

And isn't the cafe supposed to be the best resource

Postby pmoston » Tue May 11, 2004 6:30 am

That is from 5 days ago. I'm asking for anything recent.
pmoston
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby matmat » Tue May 11, 2004 6:34 am

in situations like this no news is good news.

how about checking the yahoo player notes? do you always have others do your work for you?

http://bigleaguers.yahoo.com/mlbpa/players/5931/news
May 11 The East Valley Tribune reports Arizona Diamondbacks 1B Richie Sexson (shoulder) has played catch and taken ground balls but has still not been cleared to swing a bat. Sexson can come off the 15-day DL on Friday.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby pmoston » Tue May 11, 2004 6:43 am

Why reply if it is such a burden to you? I check rotoworld, rototimes, espn, mlb.com and read the yahoo stickies everday. As you should know yahoo updates it's site after 3AM est. So in ths particular case I missed it.
pmoston
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby brdmaverick » Tue May 11, 2004 9:37 am

well, i think both of these guys are being uncool

matmat-sure, he can look it up himself, but this message board is another way to 'look stuff up' and find out key information. Sometimes getting responses from people in the Arizona area or more insiteful then something such as Rototimes.

pmoston-you asked the question, he helped you, just be thankful and leave it at that
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tmoney » Tue May 11, 2004 9:42 am

Just to get back to the subject, this was just posted on Rotoworld:

Richie Sexson (left shoulder injury) believes he could possibly return as early as Friday when he's eligible to come off the DL.
The idea caused manager Bob Brenly to chuckle. ''Richie, to the best of my knowledge, did not go to medical school,'' Brenly said. ''He still has a lot of activity he needs to do before we can even consider taking him off the DL.'' Look for Sexson closer to the end of the month than the middle.
Source: Arizona Republic
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RedsRebirth » Tue May 11, 2004 9:46 am

Yeah, Brenly sounds like he dosent agree with the end of the week assesment. Sure hope Sexy knows best in this case.
RedsRebirth
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -5)

Postby Ziggy Zoggy » Tue May 11, 2004 9:46 am

I'd have a problem with someone who called himself 'matmat' talking like that to me as well. It was a simple question and 'matmat' could have chosen not to respond instead of taking the time to go to a couple of websites and copy and paste a few updates for the sole purpose of calling someone out who was looking for some info. I'm pretty new to the cafe and thought it was ok to ask if anyone had heard new info about an injured player.
"Woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man."
Ziggy Zoggy
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Tue May 11, 2004 10:21 am

O.K. I just did some housekeeping here for the last time. The next time, this thread gets deleted. I don't want to do that because Sexson is a top fantasy producer and there might actually be some good info on this subject.

Please keep this thread on subject. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Return to Baseball Leftovers