Return to Baseball Leftovers

Damn you Indians!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby foamposited » Mon May 10, 2004 10:54 pm

Playing Betancourt. Good thing no save :-) I hope Valverde can get his save tonight.
foamposited
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EK711 » Mon May 10, 2004 10:57 pm

eftda wrote:Maybe the Indians have a shot this year? Not at the World Series, but maybe the playoffs.

Offense.... Check
Starting Pitching.....Check
Bullpen.......???? :-?

The offense should be able to continue to put up numbers. If the starting pitching can stay strong, and the bullpen shapes up. Who knows.

Was it you or DieHardCubbie that was talking about my bail money if they made it to the postseason?? :*)
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -17)

Postby matmat » Tue May 11, 2004 5:04 am

EK711 wrote:The bullpen on a whole looked very good tonight. It's nice to put a whole number up on my sig instead of a half ;-D

well EK711, this doesn't quote your sig, but what I suggest is you put the AL central standings with both the actualy cleveland record and the record that they would have if they had held half their late inning leads (this of course ignores the fact that some of those leads were against other AL central teams...)
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby EK711 » Tue May 11, 2004 5:38 am

matmat wrote:what I suggest is you put the AL central standings with both the actualy cleveland record and the record that they would have if they had held half their late inning leads (this of course ignores the fact that some of those leads were against other AL central teams...)

More along the lines of something like this?

The number of games they've lost in late innings stands at 9. I'm hopeful that pretty soon the standings will look close enough to my little stinky bullpen standings that I can remove what's in the sig altogether. ;-)

Boy would those standings look nice if they would have won all of those games.... 22-9 ;-7 ....
Cleveland has the best record in baseball without a bullpen :-D . Of course I'm sure that some other teams have had some lackluster bullpen help as well, and games are 9 innings not 7. :-/
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -17)

Postby matmat » Tue May 11, 2004 6:40 am

that's about right. I'm too lazy to figure out what the standings would have been exactly had 1/2 of each lead been converted.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)

Postby Madison » Tue May 11, 2004 11:01 am

I'll take the 1 inning with 3 k's, but a save would have been much better. Dang the Indians for scoring in the top of the 9th! :-[

:-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue May 11, 2004 11:04 am

Madison wrote:I'll take the 1 inning with 3 k's, but a save would have been much better. Dang the Indians for scoring in the top of the 9th! :-[

:-D

Yup.

I'm hoping I get pump up his value and trade him off. I'll take the Ks, though.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -93)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers