I need people to answer these questions.
1. Are you religous?
2. What genre of music do you listen to?
3. Does your religion/spirituality/non-religous beliefs support the music you listen to?
4. How are you influenced by the lyrics?
5. Does your religion limit you of the music you listen to?
6. If your favorite group or artist had a totally opposite belief (atheist/christian or christian/atheist) would you still listen to that group?
I think you said you had enough replies, but I'll add mine just in case.
#1--I'm a Christian, but don't go to church every Sunday.
#2--Wide variety. Anything from gangsta rap, to heavy metal, to classical.
#3--Most of it I have no idea if they support my beliefs or not. It's irrelevant to me. I do on occasion discuss different religions and beliefs, but no one has to agree with my beliefs in order to be in my world.
#4--No. Song lyrics are song lyrics. Cartoons are cartoons. When I'm in the gym, a strong, powerful beat helps to pump iron, but lyrics have nothing to do with it.
#5--No. I respect everyone's beliefs even if they are different than mine. I'll give any type of music a shot.
#6--Yes. If they are my favorite band, then evidently there must be something in their music that I like. Could be the overall sound, the beat, the lyrics, or any combination.
Hope that helps.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....