Postby BostonBK7 » Wed May 05, 2004 12:29 am

Almost...3 runs isn't bad either.
BostonBK7
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby warrick95 » Wed May 05, 2004 12:29 am

Yeah, the Yankee mystique, poise, and clutch is something you just have to respect, whether you like them or not. If only Contreras was still in the game...I might've even forgave him for his implosion with a win.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -150)

Postby stratusfactionrt » Wed May 05, 2004 12:31 am

Well, at least no loss! That's amazing...

I had Contreras for his crappy starts, then dropped him reluctantly becuase of his "upside" and everyone saying he'll come around. Then he had that great start so I snagged him back immediately... Ah, just perfect for him to pitch crappy for me. LOL, I missed his one good start.

WW for this bum. I hate the Yankees, too. No body picked him up the first time I dropped him, so I'll just wait till he... No, F this dude; never going on my team again.
stratusfactionrt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby patriot79 » Wed May 05, 2004 12:32 am

The only good thing to come out of this that he won't get the loss.
patriot79
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)

Postby warrick95 » Wed May 05, 2004 12:33 am

stratusfactionrt wrote:Well, at least no loss! That's amazing...

I had Contreras for his crappy starts, then dropped him reluctantly becuase of his "upside" and everyone saying he'll come around. Then he had that great start so I snagged him back immediately... Ah, just perfect for him to pitch crappy for me. LOL, I missed his one good start.

WW for this bum. I hate the Yankees, too. No body picked him up the first time I dropped him, so I'll just wait till he... No, F this dude; never going on my team again.

I also did not start him for his good outing. :-t He's staying on my roster, though. Upside.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stratusfactionrt » Wed May 05, 2004 12:37 am

warrick95 wrote:
stratusfactionrt wrote:Well, at least no loss! That's amazing...

I also did not start him for his good outing. :-t He's staying on my roster, though. Upside.

I'm too impatient to do that in FB. I like making moves all the time. I hate having players that aren't going to play. Like for offense, I don't like having backup players that just ride the bench. If they aren't going to play, I don't want to waste a roster spot. There is too much good talent out there I like to take chances on.

Obviously there are some exceptions to this thinking of mine, though. And if Contreras comes back to pitching like he did 75 innings of last year, I'm sure he'll still be on WW for me to pick up.
stratusfactionrt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DieHardCubbie » Wed May 05, 2004 12:39 am

stratusfactionrt wrote:I had Contreras for his crappy starts, then dropped him reluctantly becuase of his "upside" and everyone saying he'll come around. Then he had that great start so I snagged him back immediately... Ah, just perfect for him to pitch crappy for me. LOL, I missed his one good start.

strat...buddy..friend...drop him again..and leave him there....please...I want to try to hang on to him a little longer...so I would feel better if you would drop him again.... ;-)
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -3266)

Postby warrick95 » Wed May 05, 2004 12:39 am

You'd hate the position I'm in now. I have four DL'd players...two DL spots.

Prior
C. Jones
Reyes
Durham

Holding them all. And now Contreras will be pretty much shelved.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby stratusfactionrt » Wed May 05, 2004 12:41 am

Ooo, that is a tough situation. GL with that one, warrick.

It will be done, just for you Cubbie! ;-) Make sure you start him, though, cauze I guarantee it will be a good start once I dump him...even if it's against the Red Sox.
stratusfactionrt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers