Return to Baseball Leftovers

Save oppurtunity for Tor & who comes in ????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Save oppurtunity for Tor & who comes in ????

Postby jbones733 » Tue May 04, 2004 9:17 pm

Jason "F$#&ing" Frasor , i ask you, Where the F$#K is Terry Adams, i'll tell you where he is, He's gonna be on my waiver wire in 5 minutes
jbones733
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Tue May 04, 2004 9:40 pm

frasor jusy picked up the save.

uh o
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Tue May 04, 2004 10:40 pm

Speier pitched a perfect 1.2 innings last night and Adams took the loss.

I don't blame them for going with someone else.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby Green Monstah » Tue May 04, 2004 11:03 pm

With Terry Adams having thrown 69 pitches over the past three days, Jason Frasor was used in the ninth inning and picked up his first save of the season tonight.

He allowed one hit and struck out one against Kansas City. AL-only leaguers may want to consider picking Frasor up, but Adams figures to be Toronto's primary closer until he blows a save or two.

Don't be so quick to drop Adams ;-D
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: -7)

Postby Chopper » Wed May 05, 2004 12:42 am

Green Monstah wrote:With Terry Adams having thrown 69 pitches over the past three days, Jason Frasor was used in the ninth inning and picked up his first save of the season tonight.

He allowed one hit and struck out one against Kansas City. AL-only leaguers may want to consider picking Frasor up, but Adams figures to be Toronto's primary closer until he blows a save or two.

Nice assessment, Monstah. You should consider writing professionally for a fantasy site. Your style favorably resembles that of some of other established web resources.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Chopper
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Green Monstah » Wed May 05, 2004 12:46 am

Chopper wrote:
Green Monstah wrote:With Terry Adams having thrown 69 pitches over the past three days, Jason Frasor was used in the ninth inning and picked up his first save of the season tonight.

Nice assessment, Monstah. You should consider writing professionally for a fantasy site. Your style favorably resembles that of some of other established web resources.

ummm....does it looks like I wrote that? I never said I did. It was from Rotoworld, sorry I didn't say the source :-?
Green Monstah
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Matchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: -7)

Postby Chopper » Wed May 05, 2004 1:00 am

No sweat, monstah. I knew where it came from. I'm just a little anal about sources and links and such.
Blessed are the cheesemakers.
Chopper
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thehat » Wed May 05, 2004 5:05 am

Frasor might not be the worst stab in the world in an ultra-deep league or if you're really hurting for saves. Adams is still the closer de jour for Tosca the idiot, but given his managerial expertise (now there's an oxymoron for ya), that can change yesterday. Frasor did close last year in the Dodger chain at Vero and Jax (A/AA) and he's pretty much been the most solid guy in their pen since his recall. Might be a first time around the league wonder, but I watched him and he does have a live fastball that was consistently mid-90's. Maybe still a long shot to close in Toronto, but I've seen worse options for a fantasy stab.

Put another way, for those who ran to the FA pool to grab Vizcaino for a week when Kolb got dinged, Frasor is probably a better shot in the dark.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

Postby Madison » Wed May 05, 2004 11:06 am

Chopper wrote:No sweat, monstah. I knew where it came from. I'm just a little anal about sources and links and such.

As are we. ;-D

When copying and pasting information please provide the source and a link if possible. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Return to Baseball Leftovers