Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who's better??? (5x5)

Poll ended at Sun May 02, 2004 2:13 pm

Carlos Zambrano
Brad Penny
Brandon Webb
Total votes : 18

Postby shortround_phat2008 » Thu May 13, 2004 8:21 pm

Emotional problems, give me a break you have to be kidding, Zammy and Penny are both way better than Webb in my opinion, Zammy is prolly the best out of the three though.
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbones733 » Thu May 13, 2004 8:28 pm

Not allowed to vote anymore but if we were i would go

all 3 are awesome younsta's
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Silver Slugger » Thu May 13, 2004 9:09 pm

I take the big Z any day. I had both him and Webb on my team last year (I had one really good month with the waiver wire :-) ). However, I still have to go with Z for the crazy low WHIP and the totally underrated strikeout total. Webb is also phenominal. I actually think Penny is probably the weakest out of the three.

Oh, yeah, and Z will turn 23 next month, so he's crazy young and will probably get better. So in any league, any format, keeper or non-keeper (although especially keeper) you gotta go with zambrano.
Silver Slugger
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pibb55 » Thu May 13, 2004 9:34 pm

Well his emotions killed him last year so they do matter, I live in the Chicago area and get all the games on TV, last year after a call he didnt agree with or a home run hed pitch differently and that would be the end of the game for him pretty much. He is maturing though and those problems may be a thing of the past, maybe not though... its only be a month and a half or so. :-?
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby CubsFan7724 » Thu May 13, 2004 10:58 pm

Ya his emotions sure killed him in his first full year starting..... 13 wins, 168 ks in 214 innings, 3.11 ERA, 1.32 WHIP, 11 Losses, 3 CGs, 1 SO, 9 HRs given up, 74 ER, if only my 21 year old pitcher werent so emotional he would not have had such a bad season :-? Those numbers are damn good to me.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers