Return to Baseball Leftovers

ALL of my pitchers go ONE inning too long!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ALL of my pitchers go ONE inning too long!!!

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:53 am

Randy Johnson cruises earlier this week, but can't shut the door on the 7th inning. Curt Schilling inexplicably enters the 8th inning against the Jays the next day, and gets rocked after throwing over 120 pitches. Adam Eaton is just ripping through the D'Backs lineup through 7 and then Richie Sexson parks one to deep center after two walks, one of them intentional.

Today, Jerome Williams, tossing a gem of a game stays for the ninth and allows a 2-run homer from Juan Encarnacion. So close to a CG, but so far, here's hoping Felix Rodriguez can take care of business for the last out.

No wonder my ratios suck!
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thetongueofire » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:59 am

it would solve all of your (and everyone else's problems) if we, the fantasy GMs i.e. the supreme superpower of the world, not the Grady Littles of the world, got to decide when to take a pitcher out of the game ;-)
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -47)

Postby King Tim » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:01 am

Its good to see Williams getting it together. The guy could win 15 this year. One out away from the CG.
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby afromangettindrunk » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:35 am

thetongueofire wrote:it would solve all of your (and everyone else's problems) if we, the fantasy GMs i.e. the supreme superpower of the world, not the Grady Littles of the world, got to decide when to take a pitcher out of the game ;-)

HAHAHAHA im bombed and that was mad funny.
afromangettindrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby rjforlife » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:35 am

weaver too....he pitched ok through 7 with 6 k's and 3er but 110 pitches. why send him out for the 8th?? he gives up a hit to the first batter......why keep him in. he walks the next batter. why keep him in. not until he walked the bases loaded did they take him out only to have the reliever give up 2 more for weaver turning a respectable 7 innings 3er 6 k's to a terrible 7+ innnings 6 k's 5 er.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby rjforlife » Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:36 am

weaver too....he pitched ok through 7 with 6 k's and 3er but 110 pitches. why send him out for the 8th?? he gives up a hit to the first batter......why keep him in. he walks the next batter. why keep him in. not until he walked the bases loaded did they take him out only to have the reliever give up 2 more for weaver turning a respectable 7 innings 3er 6 k's to a terrible 7+ innnings 6 k's 5 er.
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Return to Baseball Leftovers