Return to Baseball Leftovers

My friend is a jerk

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby matmat » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:31 am

jbones733 wrote:' my leageu uses averages which pretty much negates all of that activity

I hope you have some sort of inning pitched minima... otherwise one out could give you some golden results.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -13)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:55 am

I'm in three leagues. Two have 1300 IP limit, the other 1250. Eliminates the potential of this happening. But if you don't have a limit in your league, then no one should complain. You all have the same opportunity.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -14)

dumb question

Postby agchris02 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:56 am

Sorry, but I think it would be dumb to even change the rules in your league, thats the whole point of a waiver wire. I play in a H2H league where we start 7 pitchcers a week, I always intentionally spend more time drafting bats and only get about 5 really startable pitchers than rotate in the hot hand weekly, or pump in two guys with two starts instead of just one......its always interesting watching everyone in the league scramble after the two starts a week pitchers as games get rain delays and rotaions are screwed. The only suggestion I would make, is to put everyone on wiavers each week, and run it as an actual waiver system so everyone has the same chance to get players, but other than that, theres nothing wrong with what hes doing
Jackalope
agchris02
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:02 am

Roto or H2H?

Either way, it's a poor attempt to try and win a league. I italicized attempt because odds are that it will not work. Unfortunately, if your league does not have an innings max or limited transactions, then you guys are stuck with it this year. It's something that should have been in the rules before the season started and it's too late to change them now. Consider it a lesson learned and change the rules for next season.

If in fact he is adding/dropping pitchers without using them, he is in fact breaking Yahoo's rules and can be banned from the league for such activity.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:21 am

Dude, I'm with you on this one. I was in a league last year where this one guy (my friend's dad) kept changing his pitchers everday. Sure, he kept all his good ones, but he would rotate all the waiver wire pitchers into his line up.

I think it is a very sleazy way to play fantasy baseball. Why can't it be my team against yours, where the better team wins. Instead, when I am playing him, it is my team against his AND the entire waiver wire of pitchers. My team had good players to the point where I wouldn't want to drop any of my guys to pick up these waiver wire pitchers myself.

The best part of the story, is that I kicked his A#() all three times that I played him last year, including the World Series.

This year our league includes categories such as Losses and Total Bases to try to discourage this kind of play. So far so good this year.
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby CubsFan7724 » Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:40 am

all you need is an inning restriction. Hell run out of innings a bit after the all star break and you all come from behind and crush him. If you dont, think about investing in one next year.
CubsFan7724
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -16)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers