Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

First Time Playing a Points League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

First Time Playing a Points League

Postby Yanks_Baby » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:49 am

Just finished my draft. 10 Team Weekly H2H Points. TB, BB, Runs, RBI, SB's all 1 point. Wins and Saves 5 points, Loss -5, IP 3 points, ER -2, BB -1, K's 1 point.

C Yasmani Grandal
1B Matt Carpenter
2B DJ LeMahieu
3B Jake Lamb
SS Francisco Lindor
MI Jean Segura
CI Josh Bell
OF Justin Upton
OF Khris Davis
OF Domingo Santana
OF Kevin Kiermaier
OF Mitch Haniger
UTIL Hanley Ramirez
BN Jose Martinez

SP Chris Sale
SP Noah Syndergaard
SP Madison Bumgarner
SP Jeff Samardzija
SP Garrett Richards
SP Rick Porcello
RP Roberto Osuna
RP Aroldis Chapman
RP Felipe Rivero
BN Tyler Chatwood
BN Alex Cobb
BN Mike Clevinger

Never done a points league before, much less one with weird point configurations like the above. What do you guys think? I sorta got screwed with Samardzija getting injured last minute. Bumgarner I knew about and stole at 130 overall. Especially for a H2H league, I feel like injuries matter a little less assuming there's a solid bounce back.

Obviously pitching is a little weak for the first month or two. Any suggestions of who to look out for? Also, am I better off running 3 closers with Saves worth as much as they are, or should I swap in Chatwood with his double eligibility, since we have no IP/Starts cap.

Also any thoughts on just forgoing a catcher altogether to stash an up and comer? The 1-2 points per game the catcher will typically net me hardly seems like it will be that big of a difference maker.
Yanks_Baby
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -77)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: First Time Playing a Points League

Postby fast dogs » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:53 pm

For pitching stopgap, perhaps 1 of the Braves young guns, or Jack Flaherty. In a 10 teamer, perhaps you can get by with a matchups guy every week for a while. I still prefer swapping pitchers every week looking for easier offenses each week rather than locking in on 1 guy and running him out there vs everybody. Still have to wonder how many AB's Santana is going to get the way their roster is right now
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 417)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team