Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

ROTO Keeper Help - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ROTO Keeper Help - WHIR

Postby stlcards02 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi guys, that time of year again. Would just like to get a thoughts on some player values. Like always, I usually have a good idea on my personal value on players, but would like to get a little extra input.

16 team 6x6 ROTO league - HR / R / RBI / Avg / K-BB / SB --- Era / Whip / K / SV+Hlds / W / QS
Roster slots below

C - Barnes - $13
C - Posey - $23
1B -
3B -
CI -
2B - Jose Altuve - $34
SS -
MI - D Murphy - $19
OF - Deshields - $6
OF - Folwer $13
OF - Thames $6
OF - Zimmer $9
OF -
UTL - Albies $13

SP - Faria $13
SP - Kluber - $29
SP - D Duffy - $13
SP - Eduardo Rodriguez $6
SP - Alex Wood $13
SP -
RP - Archie Bradley $13
RP - Doolittle $9
RP -

Roster makeup is as above. FA pickups are automatically $10 + $3(for that inflation tier) if kept the following year. Have to throw back Rizzo, C Seager this year. Part of me wants to just keep Altuve and Kluber, and call it good. Any other good values not to pass up? Murphy possibly, monitoring his health prior to lock date. Deshields, Thames, Zimmer good values? Since we count holds + Saves for a cat, would it be worth it to keep my two relievers? Alex Wood seems like okay value, but is probably due some regression in Wins.

Rizzo, Votto, Trout, Harper, Sale, Seager, Jansen, Syndergaar, Carlos Martinez, JD Martinez are some big names that have to be thrown back to the pool.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Feel free to leave a link and I will do my best to help out.
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ROTO Keeper Help - WHIR

Postby SecretAgentMan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:11 pm

Definitely would keep Altuve and Kluber at those prices. Cheaper than you will ever get them at the auction. After that, Murphy would be fine save the injury concern...monitor the news. Duffy at $13 isn't bad, but who knows how healthy he stays. Wood at $13 is a bargain, I just do not believe as he has been up and down in his career before. He may be an OK gamble at $13 hoping he can stay on the field. The rest I throw back. I would also see if I could deal Posey to one of his believers in a deal for an upgrade elsewhere.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2618)

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:26 pm

Bradley is interesting
Smells Like Teen Spirit
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 480)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Lips » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:42 am

I agree to keep Altuve and Kluber at those prices. In a two catcher league, I might keep Posey. Thames and Murphy are also keepable there.

Help with mine:

College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions