Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dynasty Start-Up Questions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynasty Start-Up Questions

Postby Santana4Cy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:22 pm

Recently joined a 14-team dynasty start up league (first dynasty I've done), and I've drawn the 3rd pick. It's a 6x6 roto league (HR, OBP, OPS, R, RBI, SB x W, SV, QS, ERA, WHIP, K). And I have a few questions.

Who would your top 3 be in this situation?

What's your philosophy on starting pitching in a dynasty? We have a MiLB draft before the MLB draft, and with the 12th pick in that draft, I was thinking I'd just load up on MiLB arms and try to grab as many young, talented bats as I could in the MLB draft, while ignoring those second or third tier SPs that may be a little older and going with young, upside arms (Lamet, Castillo, etc.).

Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide.
Santana4Cy
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty Start-Up Questions

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:55 pm

A true dynasty league where you keep everyone I have never really had any affinity towards because it is too much work and too hard to keep going. It is hard to keep a league like that going as a number of teams will fall hopelessly out of it and have to rebuild and finding owners willing to pay league fees (to say nothing of time and effort) for 3 years+ to rebuild a failed team is hard.

That said, minor leaguers are complete guesswork. Anyone who says otherwise is lieing imo. Best you can do is get highly rated ones and hope some pan out. As to the top three\top talent, that really does not change much imo. You are not going to let Trout or Altuve or Arenado or Goldschmidt pass for anyone.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2670)

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:14 am

In the MILB draft, i would go bats.
Only pitchers i would consider
Whitley/Sanchez/Kopech/

As far as the 3rd pick
Trout
Harper
Correa
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby trl1020 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:58 pm

My top 3 would be Trout, Arenado, and Harper. Especially with OPS as an extra stat.
On my minor league teams, I tend to go more with bats then pitchers. Especially infielders. Outfielders and starting pitchers always seem to become more available on waivers then the rest.
trl1020
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions