Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Who is my last keeper ? Or ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who is my last keeper ? Or ?

Postby Surfs up » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Just made a trade and picked up Kluber a very exspensive player but with the lack of pitchers available I love the deal .Trying to decide what to do . First here's my team the first 7 in a 11 team AL only 8 player keeper 260.00 auction 5x5 OBP instead of BA.
Trout 30
Bregman 15
Correa 20
Kluber 40
Carassco 26
Severino 1
Paxton 1
I need to choose between Moustakas 18
Chapman 33
Haniger 12
Greene ( Tigers ) 2
I have to keep Moose if he signs in the AL which at the price I would keep .
But I may be able to trade him and Kyle Tucker for Dozier 40 and the 9 pick in the minor league draft . I also have 1 and 3
If Moose goes to the NL what would you do ? I don't want to make the Dozier trade and lose Tucker if MM stays in the AL . Just want to have a back up plan
In any case my pitching would be excellent and three good hitters going into the draft
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 711)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who is my last keeper ? Or ?

Postby fast dogs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:52 am

a $2 closer when you don't have any other options won't kill you if Moose goes NL
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 377)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:11 am

Has to be someone better than Green, though in AL only it would not be the worst thing in the world as a keeper. That said, Chapman at $33 in an 11 team AL only league should have some trade value. Maybe try to deal him for someone cheaper?
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2682)

Postby Surfs up » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:58 am

Under our rules if Moose signs in the AL I have to keep him because his contract was extended. Only way I can get him off my team is if I trade him, he goes to the NL or I pay 25.00 in real money to the league which goes into the prize fund.
We just went down to an 11 team league. The prices you see were from last year when we were 12 teams.
Only a handful of teams trade in this league.
One owner has Treinen ( 1.00 and Giles (3.00) . Kimbrel , Colome , Herrea , Parker and Osuna are all on teams. Greene was faabed and was a setup man that why he's as cheap as he is. treinen came over from the NL and faabed but sucked for the Nats .
Closers are so volitile.
If I was able to do something for Dozier my offense would be Trout, Correa, Bregman and Dozier. My pitchers would be Severino,Kluber, Carassco and Paxton. Thats a great start but that would leave me with only 93.00 to spend on 14 more players. With only 11 teams should be some late bargains but I would still need at least one closer to get some points. I hope to draft a couple of next in line guys but that doesn't always work out. I drafted Bush last year . he sucked.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:06 am

Haniger
Greene i'm not sure keeps the job.
Joe Jimenez has better stuff
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Surfs up » Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:24 pm

I've been offered Devinski ( 2.00 ) for Moose .i like him but not as a keeper . Might be able to flip him and Haniger for Giles ( 3.00 )
With only 11.00 teams there will be lots of offensive options but I do like Haniger . I'm freaking stumped
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:11 pm

You are overthinking this imo. The keepers you listed are fine. Paxton is the only question mark as he can not stay on the field, but for $1 you can not go wrong really.

That said, I would look to deal Chapman at $33, maybe in combo with Paxton and see if you can get a couple of decent players coming back that are cheaper combined. I would not be trading for any of that marginal closer trash. If the league is trade hostile and you can not work something out with someone, then just go with Green.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2682)

Postby fast dogs » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:59 pm

If you aren't sure of Hanigan at that price then I still think Greene is a cost saving option that you handcuff with a cheap Jimenez and hopefully have the Tigers saves wrapped up. With so many high priced keepers in place you are going to need to hit on some cost cutters and this seems like a good place to start. Hopefully Greene keeps the frontrunner title for the closer job thru your draft date and your handcuff(s) won't be very appealing for anyone else. If he was good enough for you to roster as a setup man, he won't have to have the job very long to earn that salary
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 377)

Postby Surfs up » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:35 am

How do you guys feel about trading Chapman( 33.00) for Morton ( 7.00 ) and Paxton 1.00 with Kyle Tucker ( Minor Leaguer ) for Giles 3.00 and his # 5 pick in the minor leaguer draft? I have the # 1 and # 3 picks already. I'm just thinking if I have one closer going into the draft I can try to get a couple of setup guys. Morton replaces Paxton but is on a WS champion .Yes at a few more bucks but should be in line for a full season. And I can spend the rest of my money on hitting which would be about 118.00.
My team would like like this
Trout 30
Bregman 15
Correa 20
Carassco 26
Kluber 40
Morton 7
Severino 1
Giles 3
------------
142 players - 118 to spend on 14 players
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:10 am

I would not trade Paxton at a buck.
Morton is nice, but Paxton has top 10 stuff
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions