Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Would you make this trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Would you make this trade?

Postby Surfs up » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:07 am

I've been offered Severino 1.00 and the # 3 pick in our after draft . He wants Moncada 5.00 and VladJr and my # 7 pick .
This is an 11 team AL only OBP instead of Ave. We keep 8 players.
The after draft is one round. We can either select a minor leaguer or any major leaguer thats left on the board that didn't get drafted. We have three reserve spots of which we would use faab money to fill otherwise. I also have the # 1 pick in the after draft.
Another ace like Sale or Kluber will cost me 40. or more based on what they went for in last years draft.
But I think I have a great start to my pitching staff. I always play to win in the current year.
Right now my keepers are
Bregman 15
Trout 30
Zimmer 5
Moncada 5
Carassco 26
Paxton 1
McCullers 5

I still have on my roster
Haniger 12
Greene ( Tiger closer 2.00 )
Chapman 33.
Moustakas 18
Hosmer 25
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 711)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Would you make this trade?

Postby Gmunu » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 pm

If you are playing to win this year the trade is a no brainer. Severino is one of the top SPs and you may not get much production out of Moncada (he may get it going this year or he may not) and Vlad. (probably not going to get to the majors this season) You also have 2 3B already in Bregman and Moose. As much as I like prospects and value hitters over pitchers I say take it.
Gmunu
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 137)

Postby Surfs up » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:30 pm

Bregman qualifies at shortstop and third. Plus he has upped his offer. He's including Giles Houston closer who is only 3.00 Moustakas may end up in the NL.
Before the trade I was going to keep Moncada, Bregman, Trout , Zimmer, Carassco, Paxton , McCullers and one of either Haniger ,Shane Greene, Moustakas or Hosmer. Probably Haniger because he is only 12.oo . But if I do this trade that means I would keep a cheap closer and not keep one o f the hitters or McCullers. I was thinking 4 and 4 . I would have a great start with Severino, Carassco , Paxton and McCullers for starters. I would need to spend big on another starter. I could spend on offense.
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby kidsilk » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:31 pm

I would have done the trade with just Severino but now that you are getting Giles too I think it's a no brainer. Go for it.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=496262
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2114)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:23 am

In AL only getting a $1 Severino, Giles and a bumped up pick for unproven talent...no brainer imo.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2682)

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:42 am

Since you're trying to win this year, looks ok.
But it's not a slam dunk, imo.
In 2 years, you might be seeing different.
Moncada might not be great, but i think 20/20 is possible in time.
Vlad will be a Bryant/Machado type bat.
Read this thread at a later date. He's that good.
The only player to grade 80 in hitting, on scouting grade 20-80.
I'm hearing Miggy comps by industry insiders.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Surfs up » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:03 am

I made the trade but modified a bit. I received the third pick in the minor league draft instead of Giles. I got burned keeping two closers last year . I own Chapman at 32.00 and may keep him since we have at least two Yankee fans in this league and I know if I throw him back he will go for that or slightly more. Plus Kimbrel is being kept.
I'll have the first and third picks in the minor league draft with Kyle Tucker already on my team.
Trout 32.00
Bregman 15.00
Correa 20.00
Carassco 25.00
Paxton 2.00
Severino 2.00

I still have McCullers 6.00
Moustakas 19.00
Chapman 32.00
Haniger 12.00

Rumors if Moose signing with the Yankees. That would be huge for me. If he does I might keep McCullers. I'm also exploring the idea of trading for Kluber who is 39.00 but would give me a killer first four pitching staff especially in an AL only. Would hurt for the money I can spend at the draft but I wouldn't have to bid against 11 others. I might also be able to get Machado 42.00 or Springer 42.00 . Think they are being thrown back.
Thoughts ? Any help is appreciated. I know its a lot to take in. Thanks ;-D
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions