Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Kershaw and Betts Trade in Dynasty(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Kershaw and Betts Trade in Dynasty(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 pm

16 team, 32 man roster Newly Drafted Dynasty League with 5x5 cats.

I had 9th pick and drafted Betts.

I have been offered the following:

HIS Kershaw, Jose Urena and Michael A. Taylor (IF I do this I may ask for Dahl instead) for MY Betts, Kolby Allard and Greinke. Thoughts about doing the trade and if I should ask for Dahl or just stick with Taylor?

My Other OF: (We have LF, CF and RF Roster Spots), LF-Braun, CF-Margot, RF-Betts, LF,CF-Gardner, LF-Tomas, RF-Piscotty, CF-Fowler, CF-Daz Cameron
My Other SP: Arrieta, Greinke, Lester, McHugh, Davies, Happ, Graveman, Fedde, Allard, Estrada
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2114)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Kershaw and Betts Trade in Dynasty(WHIR)

Postby jonance » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:11 pm

Thx for the help. I think i hang tight here.
jonance
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: 102)

Postby fast dogs » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:36 am

Kershaw hasn't reached 200 innings 3 of the last 4 regular seasons. That reoccurring back issue likely isn't going away, I'm not making that swap w Betts and rolling the dice on Kershaw suddenly pitching a whole season again. His ERA was higher, he went less deep into games in 2017. Still the best when he is on the hill, too much risk for my liking
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 377)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 pm

fast dogs wrote:Kershaw hasn't reached 200 innings 3 of the last 4 regular seasons. That reoccurring back issue likely isn't going away, I'm not making that swap w Betts and rolling the dice on Kershaw suddenly pitching a whole season again. His ERA was higher, he went less deep into games in 2017. Still the best when he is on the hill, too much risk for my liking

And Greinke is Mr. Reliable, esp after his 2016...and he is 34 playing in a hitter's park?

Betts fell back dramatically last year losing 100 points off his OPS and reverting back to 2015 form (not that that is bad, but it is not round 1 material imo even though he likely will go at the end of Round 1 in 2018 in many drafts).

Dahl was all hyped up going into 2017 and then got hurt and never showed up essentially. He could be ready to show up in 2018 or he could be another guy that is just hype.

At this point, the best player in the lot is Kershaw by far. Yes he has some back issues, but it is not like a guy not even 30 yet (turns 30 in March) is a major injury concern here imo.

That said, I would look to get something more trust worthy than Dahl, Taylor or Urena coming back as an extra piece imo.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2682)

Postby kidsilk » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:54 pm

I would ask for someone more reliable as an extra piece but this guys doesn't have too much to pick from as he either has really good players or prospects/young players to pick from. I will list some of his roster. Please let me know if I should ask for anyone in particular rather than Urena, Dahl or Taylor. I'm really thinking that Urena and either Dahl (who I think will rake) and Taylor are decent options to get back for bench after looking at his team. Thanks.

C-Alfaro
1B-Rizzo
2B-Schoop
3B-Franco
SS-Bogaerts
LF-Winker
CF-Happ
RF-Cutch
U-CarGo
BN-James McCann
BN-Harrison
BN-Adames
BN-Nimmo
BN-Almora
BN-Moniak
BN-Taylor
BN-Jorge Polonco
BN-Dahl
BN-Gleyber Torres

SP-Kershaw
SP-Giolito
SP-Taillon
SP-Urias
RP-Alcantara
RP-Bridwell
P-Duffy
P-Gore
BN-Urena
BN-Chance Adams
BN-Glasnow
BN-McKay
BN-Sheffield
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2114)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:26 am

Yeah I am not seeing anything tremendos either that would be do-able. That said, I would try and get Dahl and Torres out of him and let him keep Urena. Probably will not go for it, but you never know. Urena is a decent flier, but I just do not see him being all that valuable on what is going to be a very bad Marlins team. Maybe something on the order of a 3.5 ERA, 1.24 WHIP with 12-13 Wins and 140 ks. Serviceable but nothing all that special in a standard mixed league. Of course you never know, but Torres in the Yanks lineup could be huge.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2682)

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:19 am

Betts side
Only 25
Kershaw is 30
Betts is still pre-peak.
He walked as much as he struck out last year.
20/20 100/100 not a bad down year.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions