Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Cruz for Gattis and Trumbo?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cruz for Gattis and Trumbo?(WHIR)

Postby kidsilk » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:37 pm

Real quick guys as I need an answer by tonight. 28 team Dynasty league with 40-50 man rosters with minors and majors. It is auction type league which takes days. I have been offered Gattis (Restricted Free Agent meaning I can match the highest bid after the auction and get him for 15% less), Same for Trumbo for my Nelson Cruz (14M). The problem is that I have Kinsler too who is a restricted agent and will have to try to sign him too. I only have 9M in cap space right now and would have 23M if I trade Cruz and then probably would have to drop a few players to be able to keep all 3 guys like Drew Smyly who is 7M right now. The only thing is when you drop someone you are still responsible for half their salary.

I know it's a little complicated but knowing the above would you do the trade? Thanks.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2114)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cruz for Gattis and Trumbo?(WHIR)

Postby fast dogs » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:40 pm

Tuff one. Cruz just keeps going, 1 of these years he's going to drop off. Both Gattis and Trumbo had down years. Cruz at 14M doesn't seem bad. I might be tempted to let Kinsler go
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 376)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:45 am

fast dogs wrote:Tuff one. Cruz just keeps going, 1 of these years he's going to drop off. Both Gattis and Trumbo had down years. Cruz at 14M doesn't seem bad. I might be tempted to let Kinsler go

Ditto. I keep Cruz and let Kinsler walk. Gattis and Trumbo are nothing special.
SecretAgentMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2670)

Postby Brainstorm » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:44 am

Sorry for the late reply, but I agree with the above responses. Cruz is phenomenal and will certainly slow down soon, but guys like Kinsler have already been breaking down. It sounds like you'd have to use most of your $23M in space after this trade just to keep some of the players you acquire, forget Kinsler. I think I stick with Cruz.
Brainstorm
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions