I miss the cafe

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

crapshooter
T-Ball Trainer

Re: I miss the cafe

Post by crapshooter »

I keep checking back hopeful of seeing it back but guess it's not going to happen. I really miss the closer report and who was projected next in line
THE TERMINATOR
T-Ball Trainer

Post by THE TERMINATOR »

crapshooter wrote:I keep checking back hopeful of seeing it back but guess it's not going to happen. I really miss the closer report and who was projected next in line

You don't have to miss that. Have you haired about the Monkey

http://closermonkey.com/
silverZ
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Post by silverZ »

Me too.
StlSluggers
T-Ball Trainer

Post by StlSluggers »

I miss this place, too.
shmity72
T-Ball Trainer

Post by shmity72 »

odd it's like a ghost town here..
Pochucker
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Pochucker »

Yes it is very sad. Im amazed came here today and actually remembered my username and password! Who says im getting old!
BronXBombers51
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: [quote]12 Teams - 6x6 (Normal plus OPS & Losses) - Rotisserie - 4 to 8 keepers per year

*denotes keeper

C- Brian McCann
1B- Billy Butler
2B- Omar Infante
3B- Miguel Cabrera*
SS- Troy Tulowitzki*
OF- Andrew McCutchen*
OF- Nelson Cruz
OF- Carl Crawford
Utl- Pablo Sandoval*
Utl- Norichika Aoki

B- Nick Markakis, Kendrys Morales, Denard Span, Neil Walker, Evan Gattis

DL- Ian Kinsler*

SP- Felix Hernandez*, Yu Darvish*, Yovani Gallardo*, Jonathon Niese, Marco Estrada

RP- Addison Reed, Casey Janssen, Edward Mujica, David Robertson, Luke Gregerson

DL- Alexi Ogando
[/quote]

Post by BronXBombers51 »

Hi folks. I watched Moneyball last night and it made me think of this place. Glad to see I'm not the only one feeling nostalgic.
rotoquest
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 5x5 12 team Roto (Cbssportsline)
Leftovers League
5x5 Roto (Yahoo)

Post by rotoquest »

I checked back today for similar nostalgic reasons. Our Leftovers League which started many years ago here is still going strong. I just miss all the insights posted here, and the personalities that went with them.
AdvRider
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: C McCann
1B Utley
2B Castillo
3B Chavez
SS Furcal
OF Holliday
OF Griffey
OF Damon
Util Patterson
BN Youkilis, Hall
DL Derek

Post by AdvRider »

Another old timer checking in. I do this every so often after a few beers. LOL. Fantasy baseball will be getting under way real soon... alas, no viable Cafe to swap intel, favorites, all that.. though Rotoworld forums are sorta OK.

It's a shame. So many message boards have deteriorated thanks to Facebook... yet is there a Facebook alternative to the robust exchange that characterized this site in the salad days? Maybe there is, haven't seen it...

The real bad part is that long-term "institutional' knowledge declines. I used to participate in a lot of motorcycle and travel forums. If I wanted to know how to change fork oil on a certain bike, or something about border crossings in Kazakhstan, I could usually find a thread addressing such questions on a message board, with pictures and tutorials even; I might add a follow-up question or provide some other input --great.

Now that everything has shifted to Facebook and even worse, Instagram, that long-duration knowledge is effectively lost. All the time we see newbies on Facebook moto forums asking basic questions like "how do I change my motor oil?" Facebook just isn't set up to archive knowledge, and its search function sucks. Same questions over and over again.

And now that everyone has smartphones, replies are nowhere near as thorough as they were back in the day when the PC / laptop was the principal means of access.

Sigh... so guys (gals?), wishing you all a successful fantasy baseball season, see ya in future moments of nostalgia. ;-D O:-) ;-) -- love the goofy old emojis!
jake_twothousandfive
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: [u][b]My Team:[/b][/u]
C - G. Soto
1B - P. Fielder
2B - Y. Escobar
3B - A. Rodriguez
SS - J. Rollins
OF - L. Berkman, G. Sizemore, C. Quentin
UTL - Miguel Cabrera
SP - R. Halladay, R. Oswalt, C. Zambrano, C. Billingsley, I. Snell, B. Myers, T. Lincecum, A. Wainwright, J. Maine
RP - M. Rivera, B. Lyon, J. Rauch
Bench:
M. Kemp, C. Pena, C. Hart, C. Figgins (DL)

Non-Keeper Standard 5x5 H2H Scoring System

Post by jake_twothousandfive »

Fantasy baseball isn't the same without this site. Happy to see it's still around even if the activity isn't what it once was.

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”