Moncada/Ramirez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Moncada/Ramirez

Postby hockeytownjoe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:04 pm

10 team H2H keeper league.
5x5 we keep 8

I was offered: Jose Ramirez/Yoan Moncada/Jamison Taillon/16th Round Pick
I give: Chris Sale/Paul DeJong/22nd Round Pick

I'm basically out of it this season and have been working to try and rebuild. Get younger and get some high prospects. I have gotten a lot of interest in Sale I'm just not sure what proper value for him is.

Currently, I'm looking at selecting my 8 keepers from a pool of Sale, Votto, Bryant, Trout, Conforto, Albies, Ian Happ, Seager, Clint Frazier, Lucas Giolito, Lewis Brinson....some of these are fringe at best.

Any help is appreciated.
hockeytownjoe
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 43)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Moncada/Ramirez

Postby SteelCity79 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:01 am

Keep Sale he is far and away the best player in the deal..
SteelCity79
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 1050)

Re: Moncada/Ramirez

Postby fast dogs » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:33 pm

In a league where 80 are kept, guys like Tailon, Brinson, Albies & Giolito shouldn't even be part of the conversation unless there are minor league spots in addition to the 8 majors. I think the short answer here is don't trade Sale, almost any trade short of a blown away offer of 2 current top 50 players is going to hurt your 2018 rather than help it. You might be better off just trading some draft position for a better 7th and 8th keeper; there are certainly going to be some loaded teams with more than 8 top 80 players already. Votto is the only 1 of your big 4 I'd consider parting with and he's tough to get full value for it seems. The best teams likely aren't going to make the best offers right before the playoffs start, if you have offseason trading you are probably better off waiting till then. Be patient, and work on improving your 6-8 spots and keep your best 4-5 players
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 304)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions